Minelab Explorer II

Attachments

• P6120163s.jpg
    P6120163s.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 321
  • P6120166s.jpg
    P6120166s.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 476
I believe its one of a 40's or 50's era "date above head" presidential series token. We have researched these before and we are not certain of the age. They can be dated by the last president in this series but I couldnt find anyone with the FDR token.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,284596.0.html

your token looks like it's from one of the presidential commemorative or so-called "presidential data" series issued around 50-60 years ago. Some were given away at gas stations, others at banks, and I believe some were also used as prizes in boxes of breakfast cereal. Later, they were also sold in sets or albums in gift and hobby shops.

Attachments

• presidential token tyler.jpg
    presidential token tyler.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 301
  • presidential token tyler.jpg
    presidential token tyler.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0
Henry2 said:
I have one with Calvin Coolidge on the front, never could find out who made them or there value.
Are the dates above the head?

Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Similar, if not identical ones, were disbursed at Shell Gas stations in the late 60s or 70s. Some were 'instant cash winners'.
Here's a thread from a few years ago:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=164425.0
Don....
Yea I researched this several times. Its definitely not identical to the Shell series nor is it from the 60's or 70's. Yes some series are VERY similar but this "date above head" series is older but I cant pin it down.. Its from the 1940's or possibly older.

Post a pic Henry if you can. I have pictures in my files of many that were made but like I said before, I cannot find FDR or anything newer. According to the old link, I couldnt find one older than Grover Cleveland.

Attachments

• presidents shell game.jpg
    presidents shell game.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 549
  • President madison.jpg
    President madison.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 273
  • president grant.jpg
    president grant.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 584
  • president adams.jpg
    president adams.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 303
  • president garfield.jpg
    president garfield.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 450
  • President madison.jpg
    President madison.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 232
  • president grant.jpg
    president grant.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 575
  • president adams.jpg
    president adams.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 252
  • president garfield.jpg
    president garfield.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 412
  • presidents shell game.jpg
    presidents shell game.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0
I posted an aluminum Shell set. There is also a Shell brass set. As explained in my links, the date is not above the head on Shell tokens. But like Mack says, the Shell set of the 70's is very similar and its very common to mistake this old set for the 60's-70s sets..

There is also another presidential set very similar on the back. Franklin Mint also made a set. There was also a "Meet The Presidents" game set.

But again these are not to be confused with this older token found by Going Down.

Attachments

• presidential tokens.jpg
    presidential tokens.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 258
  • presidential tokens.jpg
    presidential tokens.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Mackaydon said:
Post a pic Henry if you can. I have pictures in my files of many that were made but like I said before, I cannot find FDR or anything newer. According to the old link, I couldnt find one older than Grover Cleveland.

My camera is acting funny so all my pics are coming out very blurry. I'll describe it though, it says on top 30th President. U.S.A., right below that is "1923-1929", then you have Coolidges face, below that is his name Calvin Coolidge.

On the reverse along the top it says "Prosperity President" then you have the small writing which says "Mayor of North Hampton,Governor of Massachusetts , Vice president became president on death of Harding, stood for economy in government" below that in bigger writing is "Strike breaker and Peace maker".

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back