🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Weather got a little less hot last Friday, went back to the battlefield with a couple of friends. We had an ancient Nautilus LF, an AT Pro and my Tejon.
P3020275.JPG

Nothing short about the old Nautilus. He got his share.
P3020278.JPG

Here's what the other two machines pulled out (combined)
P3020277.JPG

I left a nice target in the woods. because the first swing of my digger revealed some unhappy ground bees. (It still hurts!) here's my share after cleaning and treating. Pocket knife, frags, some lead and percussion caps.
P3030281.JPG

Upvote 0
Ground bees are nasty. Need flame thrower.

Thanks for sharing.. Ground bees are just plain ignorant.. Torch them and dig your find..

Yellow jackets are very aggressive.I have been in them on several occasions,my eye swelled shut one time. Really nice relics by the way,hope you can get back this winter and retrieve that target.

I've been attacked by those angry yellow jackets more times then I care to remember. I have finally learned to hold on to all of my stuff as I run like hell to get away from them. Nothing worse then having to wait an hour or so for them to settle down so you can retrieve your detector or digger.

You and pjduff r finding yellow just the wrong yellow.

Ouch them yellow jackets are bad news, had a nest of them get hit by my lawnmower once, had to run to garage and grab a broom to get them off me and then went to emergency room for a shot ! Congrats on the finds there !!!

Anytime I find a nest I hop on my trust scag zero turn and park that bad boy over the top of the hole

wait til dark.... go to the nest hole and dump gasoline down the hole and light those puppies up....... they all go to the nest during the hours of darkness...

wait til dark.... go to the nest hole and dump gasoline down the hole and light those puppies up....... they all go to the nest during the hours of darkness...

Usually just dumping the gas is enough. The fumes will kill them. Not that I don't enjoy knowing that they burned too. I'd almost dig them up to grind their little burned bodies with the heel of my boot I hate em so bad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back