Greetings From Another Newbie...

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
So my father and I have been metal detecting for 15+ years. During that time we took about 5 years off from detecting and now that we started back. Wow talk about times changing..

Our main hunting grounds where old and abandon churches and we have found a many of treasures doing just those sites... But now as we have re-introduced ourselves we have found that people are really not so friendly anymore. Old times we use to have people join us in detecting that pulled up but now we have guns pulled on us.

But despite the grumpy old parishioners we still are finding new silver and Wheaties with our new gear.. Although i have been using a Tesoro Golden Sabre I since it came out in the mid 80's. and my dad was using a Golden Sabre II since we started.

Now we have upgraded. I use a Minelab Explorer SE and my Dad uses a Tesoro Coretes and a Minelab Excalibur II. Which one of our finds paid for that Excalibur. It was a 22K bracelet weighing in at 48 Grams.

But anyways. Just thought i would say hello to everyone here and i think i will post some pictures of our top finds. We actually have an entire room full of goodies we found. Including a 1850's brass shotgun shell in perfect condition. and lots of relics.

So Long for Now.

Thanks Randy. I acutally make it up your way about twice a year. Have some friends up there so we usually head out to dickson street and party all night!! But think next time around i am bringin my detector...

Welcome back to detecting, & Treasure-Net.

A former Arky,

Fossis................

There us to be a rodeo arena there in Magnolia. Have you ever hunted it. If you happen to find a Roy Roper spur in the arena, if it's still there, I lost it in 1972.

Are you referring to the riding club arena next to the county fair grounds? The local college, Southern Ark. University, has rodeos there. I don't know if it is "huntable" or not. Possible, with permissiom from the club. I thought about hunting under the bleachers, but never thought about in the arena itself.

I've lived here for 63 years but just started using a detector. If I can get permission, I'll try to do some "looking".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back