Great toy car from 30s?

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Great toy car from 30's?

I think I am going to name this car the phoenix since it rose from the ashes. Last night I found this in a burn pit area. When I found it I thought it was another flat can. It was flat as a pancake. I really didn't think I would be able to bring it back to life. After about 5 hours of working on it this afternoon I think it came out pretty good. I wish I had taken a picture of before as a comparison. Live and learn. There was just something about this car that caught my attention. It is 6 inches long. See if it doesn't catch your eye too. Thanks...Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 020.jpg
    August 05 large cents 020.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 341
  • August 05 large cents 021.jpg
    August 05 large cents 021.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 337
  • August 05 large cents 022.jpg
    August 05 large cents 022.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
Re: Great toy car from 30's?

Yes, thats a cool antique and nice job on the repair

Dave

Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

You thought it was a flattened can and you brought it back to that!?! :o Phoenix it is! Great find!

that looks to me like the remnants of an old die-cast Hubley car.

Great find.

HH!

-Hunter

I kept trying to think what this car reminded me of. I just teamed it up with an old airplane that I found. Does this picture remind anyone of the last scene in Casablanca?

Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 025.jpg
    August 05 large cents 025.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 287

I've only seen bits of that movie, now I have to watch it all. That is a cool car and restoration job!

All you need to do now is go out and dig up a metal "Bogey" figurine.
Unflattened I hope.

comfyinvermont said:
I kept trying to think what this car reminded me of.? I just teamed it up with an old airplane that I found.? Does this picture remind anyone of the last scene in Casablanca?

Lance
You might be right on, I watched it the other nite. Could be that they were made about the time the movie was released.

Very nice, WTG!!!
Great job on the repair. I'll have to remember that if I find anything like it...
I would have probably thrown it into the trash pile. :P
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Those two items just invoke memories of times past, when gas cost a nickel a gallon and mass-transit flight was in it's infancy. Can't you see a youngster of today looking at those toys and thinking, "Wow, those aren't nearly as good as the cars and planes now?" I know I wasn't actually around for those days, but just looking at those toys makes me wish I was. Happy Hunting!

Nice car, Reminds me of the car the bad guys drove in 101 Dalmations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back