cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 100_1437.jpg
    100_1437.jpg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1438.jpg
    100_1438.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 78
Now that I looked at the back a little closer, I can see where the pins might have been.....toward the upper part of the wings. Any idea on age?

Upvote 0
Standard Dress Hat insignia, age sometime before 1999, after 1999 Clothing and Sales started selling brass items that did not need to be shined. The is clearly before that time.

Upvote 0
I've looked at so many versions of this badge that my eyes are blurry! I don't see one that matches mine exactly. There were probably many different suppliers of this badge, but, still....There are ones with between 5 and 12 (which is mine) vertical bars in the shield. Mine is the only one I see that has the "E" in E Pluribus Unum on the first section of the ribbon. All the others I see have the "E" right next to Pluribus. The 13 star cloud over the eagle's head on mine is a bit oval, where most of the more modern ones are round. Lots of variations of the quiver of arrows, eagle's neck, attaching points, etc. Amazing how many versions they made over the years, and from several different countries too. From the ones I've seen, it seems to more closely resemble the WW1 versions (if I can believe the various poster info). If anyone is an expert in these things and can narrow it down a bit, I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0
WW2 I foumd the exact pin here in Michigan go figure hat pin. Good find!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back