Great Saturday Hunt***AR

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planned an all day hunt from 7am until 7:30pm on Saturday.....
Found the blade around 8am and got lucky with the other two around 3pm and 6pm.
Had a super fun time :)

My usual hunting buddy, BigRush also found two really nice points.
Met up with our new friend Scotto, and was great to get to hang out for a little while.

Hopefully BigRush will post his finds for the day.....

Attachments

• April 5 finds.jpg
    April 5 finds.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Man I'm glad you scored a killer. You were digging like a rabid gopher, a man on a mission! lol

Where did Bigrush run off to? He's gotta post his stuff as well. I saw a pic of the big one he found, Bryan showed it to me as they were there when I showed up today.

Good finds!!

***Polk Co., AR finds for 4/07/2012***

We dug for 12 hrs straight...no joke...had a pretty decent day...I can't complain...here are the "best of pics" from my finds...

1) Nice square stemmed spear point...made of black novaculite I believe...could possibly be just chert, but it is not quartzite, like most points in the area we dig...
IMG_1173.jpg

2) massive spear point made of quartizite...possibly a Hardin....I haven't measured it yet, but 5" is my guess...
IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

3) MAJOR heartbreaker...if it only still had that ear, it would be perfect...gorgeous novaculite...one of the prettiest I have seen, and I have have seen some pretty pieces of novaculite...the picture doesn't do it justice ..its one of those you have to see in person...
IMG_1178.jpg

4) small field point..
IMG_1179.jpg

5) small quartzite hafter scraper...
IMG_1180.jpg

6) really well made quartzite blade or preform...

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

7) and finally, a group photo...
IMG_1170.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet finds man. That first one is made of Black Pitkin chert, not many artifacts are made out of it here as the Ouachita quartzite or novaculite, so it's great when you find one, and especially big and complete. The big quartzite piece is awesome and same with the blade. Too bad on the nov. heartbreaker, but for me, at least, it pumps me up to try and find the whole ones!

You and Bagman did great, now we've gotta put our plan into action.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back