Great Find today ! ! ! 1974 Gold Plated ! ! !

Hunt-N-VA

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I stopped by the bank today to get some cash out and asked if she had any half’s, she said she had $240 that some one hand rolled and brought in. Roll #3 and I find a 1974 Gold Plated Half with 1960 and 1985 stamped on the front. Not bad for not looking for Half’s today. If anyone has any info on it I would love to hear about it.

Half.jpg

Upvote 0
Sorry to be a downer but not really a GREAT find- most people on here just toss them back-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Yea, sorry to disappoint - I have one too - and was not excited at all....

I have about a half roll of those. When I get a full roll I'm going to release the whole roll to the wild.

Congrats! You are the 3rd person this month to ask about one!

I like finding these, easy to mark, and easy to find again in roll to see if I'm looking through my dump... Or someone elses dump for that matter.

Well I stopped by the bank today to get some cash out and asked if she had any half’s, she said she had $240 that some one hand rolled and brought in. Roll #3 and I find a 1974 Gold Plated Half with 1960 and 1985 stamped on the front. Not bad for not looking for Half’s today. If anyone has any info on it I would love to hear about it.

View attachment 941448

Yours looks better than the one I found. It was all scratched up, but I don't care for the "commemorative" halves like that.

Keep it if you like it, toss it if you don't.

It cost you 50 cents.

They are interesting to find the first couple times but you will soon see them in about one every 10 or so boxes. Welcome to the world of CRH.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back