• Treasure find 001.JPG
    Treasure find 001.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 692
  • Treasure find 001.JPG
    Treasure find 001.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 691
Upvote 0
Re: Grandson's Treasure

Outstanding finds! One of the best things about metal detecting as a family hobby is that it is one of those rare activities puts children and adults on even footing. Certainly your grandson has a knack for mding. Congrats for finding him an excellent hobby!

looks like next time he might not need grandpops help! he did great! :thumbsup:

Wow he did great..boy will he have a good story to share in school.. Your very lucky to have a family member go with ya.. excellent finds. :thumbsup:

Can not wait until my granddaughter gets to the age when I can take her detecting. Why to go papa... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 605
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 607

what is the medallion looking thing between the rings ?

they look to clean but be just dug.Were they in a box?

Before everyone gets the wrong idea, I planted everything for him to find in order to get him interested. As they say, the look on his face as he found them was "priceless".

That is an awesome way to get him interested! Autism is tough and detecting would be a great way to help him develop and get interested. Get him on some playgrounds so he can find some spendable cash! I consider myself somewhat normal, most of the time, LOL, and really think detecting is therapeutic for me. The hunt and detecting is more important than the finds to me, I'm 60% about the hunt and 40% about the finds. Keep us informed how it goes, you may help a lot of people. I have another forum detector friend who has an Autistic son and his son goes detecting with him and enjoys it. Welcome to the forum and HH, Mike

What a great way to get him interested. :thumbsup: He is definitely hooked now. :D

Those are some awesome finds. I really love the medals.
Dman

MayberryMonte said:
Before everyone gets the wrong idea, I planted everything for him to find in order to get him interested. As they say, the look on his face as he found them was "priceless".

That is what I figured when I read your first post!! Awesome PAWPAW!!

MayberryMonte said:

:thumbsup: now that is a kodak moment!

Your grandson is truly blessed to have you close and willing to take him out and show him a good time. Hats off to you Monte.

MayberryMonte said:

Ha.. that was my question!! Very nice thing you did... I almost did the same thing to my son... but decided not too... and the ironic thing!! he hit a 1940s pocket spill and bug a silver quarter, a mer, a war nickle and a buff!!! The 4 feet away he popped out a 1899 IH!!! I.. on the other hand.. dug nothing but new change!! ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back