jamin_03

Jul 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washinton
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Jacob--It is pretty rare for mintage records to exist on tokens. This one, however, stands a good chance to have the info buried in the minutes or other records of the Chamber of Commerce Grand Coulee Dam Area Chamber of Commerce - you might contact them and ask. I would be surprised if the total was over 10,000 and would think it was 1000 or 5000. In any event, compared to most US coins, the rarity is very high. However, since the collector base is much smaller, the value is relatively low.
John in the Great 208

Upvote 0
I got in contact with the Chamber of Commerce and they pointed me to President Hunter who was Over the Chamber of Commerce from mid 1960’s to mid 1970's. He told me that there were 10,000 alloy tokens commissioned and minted. In addition there were 100 1 once silver versions minted. The coins that did not sell right away were kept in a vault in a bank located at 309 Midway Ave, Grand Coulee, WA 99133. The building is no longer used as a bank. It is now a real estate and insurance company.
I hope to get myself a silver version of this token, especially since they are quite rare.

Upvote 0
Why does the link take me to a bunch of board games that are for sale?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back