Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We got this in a box of relics someone sent us as we sort out the things that can sell in little shadow boxes such as bone buttons, suspenders parts,etc.Its convex and has the number 10 on top. Sometimes he sends some pretty neat little things as he doesn't seem to have time to sort them out either. Could this be a Rev war button? I may take some pics later of some other head scratchers later today. Thanks for looking!

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9562.JPG

10th Regiment of Foot? I didn't see an exact match but it's a place to start your search.

Re-post it with '10th Regiment of Foot?' in the title and perhaps one of our Brits will chime in with an opinion.

Upvote 0
Where was it found? That might narrow down campaign or engagement.

Upvote 0
Looks right, with the hatchmarked number. I think their numbered buttons were used in the shoulder boards.

Upvote 0
Scroll down a bit on this page. There is one very similar to yours ID'ed as a World War I or II German 10th Company button.

thisweeksfinds2007sept

Yes the button is very similar but has no rim around it. D.C.
Matt I will put Regiment of Foit into the search engine and see what I come up with.P. Allen it was dug in Mass.

Upvote 0
Yes the button is very similar but has no rim around it. D.C.
Matt I will put Regiment of Foit into the search engine and see what I come up with.P. Allen it was dug in Mass.

The letter style is just not correct for an 18th century regimental button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back