Got to take Nephews Josh & Noah out hunting with My Brother Corey. Got a Silver and an Indian!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nephew Josh wanted to go for a hunt, so his Dad & I loaded him and his Brother up and took them to a super old house about 30 minutes away on a friends property.
We first got out and got the detectors going and off We went. First coin Was one I got. A copper clad penny. Started up next to the sidewalk and tons of trash. I set up in Fast 40 and turned the reactivity to 1.5 and kept going through the trash.
Worked out towards a tree and scored an Indian Head Penny by a tree root. Yes! Dated the home somewhat. Kept going and about 10 ft away I got a nice soft, deep 90 signal. Should’ve taken a picture, but I had Corey come over and pull it out for Me. I was hoping for a Barber or Seated, but turned out to be a 1935 Merc!!
Corey ended up with a 1941 Wheat, and little Josh, 6years old, got a Copper Penny, a Wheat, and a Tax token. So thankful he found stuff😁 He’s hooked now!!! Silver #42fty!!!
I asked him on the trip back if he put his coins in his pocket, and he opened his hand. He was still holding them in his hand😂
Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting !!!
IMG_6853.jpeg
IMG_6860.jpeg
72212189112__4D678190-C696-4782-9597-2FF7B0ECFAED.jpeg
IMG_6861.jpeg
72212296598__38469933-B911-4859-8375-B578493AF1C0.jpeg
IMG_6858.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 18
Nice finds, and neat old house. I always wonder what the story is when I see houses like that. Back in the day, that was someone's new house. They were probably very proud and loved the house. Then something happened, maybe the owner died, or moved, or whatever, and over time people just stopped caring enough to maintain it, and now nature is taking it back. Just like with treasure hunting, the most interesting part is wondering "why?".

What a cool looking old house - congrats on the great finds !
It really nice to see kids getting involved in this hobby !

Good Hunting !

Excellent post! The pics of the house are terrific and just being out with the young ones is great enough, but when they find stuff and get hooked, like we all did, that's the best- Congrats!

Nephew Josh wanted to go for a hunt, so his Dad & I loaded him and his Brother up and took them to a super old house about 30 minutes away on a friends property.
We first got out and got the detectors going and off We went. First coin Was one I got. A copper clad penny. Started up next to the sidewalk and tons of trash. I set up in Fast 40 and turned the reactivity to 1.5 and kept going through the trash.
Worked out towards a tree and scored an Indian Head Penny by a tree root. Yes! Dated the home somewhat. Kept going and about 10 ft away I got a nice soft, deep 90 signal. Should’ve taken a picture, but I had Corey come over and pull it out for Me. I was hoping for a Barber or Seated, but turned out to be a 1935 Merc!!
Corey ended up with a 1941 Wheat, and little Josh, 6years old, got a Copper Penny, a Wheat, and a Tax token. So thankful he found stuff😁 He’s hooked now!!! Silver #42fty!!!
I asked him on the trip back if he put his coins in his pocket, and he opened his hand. He was still holding them in his hand😂
Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting !!!
Thanks for looking and
Happy Hunting !!!
View attachment 2116087View attachment 2116089View attachment 2116088View attachment 2116090View attachment 2116091View attachment 2116092
Don't lean on the house it might fall over. It's always a nice hunt when you have the kids with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back