got the fever

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
After sleeping 2 hours last night,I got up at 6 am to hit the beach again.I hunted for 3 hours and got .50 cal. bullet at the same place i found all the WWII shells, a quarter,a key,and this spike I would like to think came from the 1715.I found alot of metal debris and a vile full of white powder which i had to throw back into the sea.After I got home,I logged into this website checked out everyones finds now all I can think about is going back.This hobby has created a monster.

Attachments

• 100_0453.JPG
    100_0453.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0
Gets in your blood ! Good luck.

It sure looks like a spike for building old ships. Is it brass? Should be if it's ship related. Hope you have read up on beach hunting, there's a science to it. HH, Mike

I'm starting to get a technique down pacing from the water line to the dune line,but I'm not that sure about this detector.It's a Garrett Sea hunter MarkII, all audio so I don't have a meter or anything.I've found some very small stuff with it,like bb size and it gets pretty deep too I found out.I'm not sure if thats what I need for the beach or if it's best for diving which I'm not allowed to do.If you have input on that please let me know.Thanks,GL

the sea hunter is a great detector for both beach and underwater detecting. keep with it youll get the hang of your detector nice finds by the way hh

You won't need a meter once you learn your detector. Keep at it, you're doing great. HH! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back