got some more balls in the sea.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Went back down to my little spot and got myself another cannon ball this one is much bigger than the original. Someone asked how am I going to clean them off.I dont want to these have been in the sea for over a hundred years and the marine growth is very interesting I think the way they look is great and they make great topics of conversation. The shells and crustaceans on the really give them character.I also got some more bullets, coins and a ring but this was only a cheap gold plated affair. seeya Neilo ;D
balls001.jpg

Upvote 0
very cool you got some um err umm sweet balls there ...nice pair...

Hey Neilo, you ever run into any Box Jellyfish?

Sandman

Hi Sandman The Jellyfish are in the tropics and dont come down to the southern parts of Aussie.We only worry about getting eaten by Great White sharks the same ones as in the Jaws movies.I had one come to the back of my boat a couple of years ago my boat is 15ft, he was longer and wider than my boat.WE also have had a couple of people taken in the last twelve months one of them was only about a hundred yards away from my favourite detecting spot it keeps you on your toes thats for sure.
Seeya Neilo ;D

Is that an aquarium they're in?With "live" balls like that,you need a saltwater aquarium to display them in.Before they die.Unless you plan on properly preserving them,they will be a mess in a few years time.Nice finds.Good luck(with the GW's) and H.H.-Gooday mate! 8) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back