Got out today...(Silver)

M

Mike(PA)

Hey guys. My friend and I went out detecting a little bit today. He doesnt have a detector but likes to watch and help me out. Well the first place I went to I only pulled out a 1916 wheatie. The second place I went to was just up the road from my house, I asked the guy and he said NO! This was my first rejection. Oww well. Thats gonna be the first of many probably! Well anyways after lunch we went to a house where we have went to a couple times before and have had some good luck. Well we ended up with 37 cents total. 4 wheaties dates are 57,44,56, and 50. And a 1923 mercury dime. I scratched it a little though. This is the 9th mercury dime I have found at this house! The last find of the day was a cool artillery gun? It is kinda cool, anyone know how old it is. It was all one piece at one time but it is split into two pieces now. It has the numbers 22 and 33 on the insides. HH

Group Finds
Group_Finds_8-11-051.JPG

1923 Mercury Dime
1928_Mercury_Dime1.JPG

Artillery Gun
Artillery_Gun.JPG

#22 on Artillery Gun
%2322_on_artillery_gun.JPG

#33 on Artillery Gun
%2333_on_artillery_gun.JPG

Upvote 0
That's one good looking dime.

I can't wait until it gets day light.

Great job

http://Kermit

Great finds mike!! WTG!!HH

Looks good Mike.

HH Jer

Thats some nice heavy artillery.

Hi there. Call me a dumb Australian, But I continually hear about these Wheaties. I presume they are small denomination coins. Could someone tell me exactly what they are please?

Thanks guys

Ady

This is a WHEAT. they were Produced 1909 to 1958

Attachments

• coinscents1939pms70back.jpg
    coinscents1939pms70back.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 180

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back