Got excited

detectoman

Jun 7, 2004
Southern California
My brother and I went to a high school on thanksging morning and searched the sand area around the monkey bars and found three rings and a few dollars in clad change. The one ring I found looked like it was gold and a quarter caret diamond until I looked at it under a loop. It is glass and plated, cheap highschoolers around here. My brother found a 14K promise ring and a silver ring. I have not found a good ring yet. My time is coming! Boy , when I saw that ring in my scoop, my heart jumped, oh well.

Upvote 0
Nice find anyway, and yes your time is coming. How about we get out together and try and find the Mom's ring and not the Daughters, maybe that will be real. Congrats!

The excitement is what it's all about! Well, that and the other benefits of getting out for awhile...
I look at it this way, if you found something good everytime, it would take away all of the excitement...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

In time I hope you find one with a big fat diamond on it as well. My first gold ring was not expected, as I am mainly interested in coins. I dug nickel signals, but left the rest of the typical gold signals in the ground. Didn't have much interest in digging 1000 pull tabs for that one good ring. But I dug a nickel signal and out popped a 14K gold ring. I actually gasped when it popped out of the ground, and changed my way of thinking. Since then, I started to dig all good signals in most locations.

Yea I started digging all signals to, so not to miss something good. Sometimes it not good to have an ID on your machine, it can cause you not to want to dig those pull tap signals. I use a Whites IDX Pro, and I really like it. Good luck and find alot of the good stuff. Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back