Got back today from cape cod, heres my finds.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Did ok for 3 times out detecting :) got got 1.35 in clad at the beach. Then earlier today my mom said we were gonna be leaving in an hour or two so i decided to get in a last hunt before we left and im glad i did ;D Went down the road to a little strip of conservation land with a stone on it that says who dedicated the land and also states that he had worked the bogs back in the 1930's....i was thinking: What bogs ??? all it is is swamp and woods....but after walking /detecting throug some of the paths i came to the crandberry bog i had detected in a previous vacation (posted some clad/fishing weights from there). Also got to some kind of wildlife preserve....Anyway! i found six heavily corroded pennies from the 1960's and two corroded .22 shells, a bike tire valve it looks like? And the two good finds: a 1958 canadian penny and a sterling silver charm :) surprised the tracker4 actaully picked it up as it was almost 4 inches down and under alot of hard clay, plus its so small, looked for a chain but didnt find one in the hole :-\ the old canadian cent is in really bad condition but still a sign that there is old stuff there if you look hard enough ::) Also hit a area of land that the town has recently bought and found a little bit of clad and also a small metal blob that i swear has recognisable shapes in it, but my parents think im crazy and its just a blob of metal :P Oh yea, found one of the new nickels, not only are they in circulation, but people are loosin em ;) All in all a great weekend vacation :) Going back there for another vacation soon except for 4 days, gonna hit the rest of the paths for goodies. Anyone know anything 'bout the charm? it says "ster" for sterling and "PPC"- guessing makers mark?

Attachments

• newnickel.JPG
    newnickel.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 392
  • shellsandvalvethingy.JPG
    shellsandvalvethingy.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 394
  • thingy.JPG
    thingy.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 1958canadiancent.JPG
    1958canadiancent.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 390
  • silvercharm.JPG
    silvercharm.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 380
  • silvercharmback.JPG
    silvercharmback.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0
Jake,

glad to see your back.

Nice finds, like the silver charm. Silver is always nice.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Cool finds Jake. Sounds like you had a good time. My son is named Jake to. It's a good name and damn did it get popular.

Good Luck Jeremy

Nice finds Jake, I found a few blobs of metal and I swear that they have designs in them. My Wife Swears I'm crazy too. This of course has never detered me from showing them off to guests at our home at which point she just pours herself another glass of wine and gives me the OH YOU ARE SO QUEER? look.? :D? LOL Nice job Jake. HH

Sounds like you had a great time!!! Congrats on your finds!!!

Nana ;)

thanks guys! I tried finding this "ppc" company and i could only find one or two vintage pieces of jewelry for sale, so this thing is prolly most likely old. Nothing i found there was new, not even new pulltabs. Everything was from the 50's to 70's. cause i think in the 1980's the conservation commision got lazy and stopped cutting and grooming the trails and they got grown in. maybe if i send em an email they might take care of them? they mow the park things outside the paths, but not the paths :-\

WTG on the finds Jake, like the cherub` I believe that a bog is another mane for swamp, guess that makes it sound better.
good luck on your next outing
hh
dave+bobbie

Excellent Mr. Phelps! That cherub looks like Cupid to me. Smithers bought one for me to wear in the shower for some reason but it is much too heavy with my soap on a rope. MONTY

"PPC" Jewelry Mark

PPC = Princess Pride Creations. This mark/brand was first used in June 1953. Best known for its lockets, Princess Pride Creations was formerly a division of Donald Bruce & Co. of Chicago, IL, but recently became part of the Colibri Group of Providence, RI. Colibiri also owns Krementz & Co. (another jewelry manufacturer) and the Seth Thomas Clock Co.

Cool finds, WTG!!
Love the little charm...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Cool find/s!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks for the info pbk!! so i guess the companies still in buisiness, could still be older though :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back