Got a Hunt in finally and scored a big Silver and a little Silver!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to get a 3 hour hunt in today before an evening obligation. I picked a random area off Google Earth in a distant City and took off. The area I picked didn’t check all the boxes so I went a street over and scored a couple permissions.
The first house and first signal was a Wheat. After about the fourth pass close to the front steps and I got a banging 99 signal. I figured a can. I popped the plug and it first it looked like a large token until I moved a little dirt, and there was Good Ol’ Ben looking up at Me. Sweet!!! So thankful to find these:) . I also scored a little round disk that had a cross on it. When I cleaned it up later it was stamped 925! So two Silvers today!!
Silver#6fty!! Wheats-1919,1940,1949,1951D,1948,1949D,1-no date
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!!!
IMG_8003.jpeg
73290834634__3E734EDB-16D9-494A-BF4C-C4C30590D77D.jpeg
IMG_8006.jpeg
IMG_8007.jpeg
IMG_8009.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 40
Really cool!! Just curious, how much is that coin worth aprox? I live in Canada, trying to familiarize myself with US coins.

Also, any guess about that little silver circle? Wonder what it was for...

Really cool!! Just curious, how much is that coin worth aprox? I live in Canada, trying to familiarize myself with US coins.

Being dug, and the condition it's in pick the lower amount which is silver value.
For a personal detector's collection, the person value exceeds the book price any day.
Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 8.41.44 AM.png

With the staining probably $5-$7. I don’t sell though. The little Silver cross circle is a pendant that broke off a chain. It has the spot where it was attached on edge.

Great finds - congrats !
Franklin Half's are not all that common a find.
Found my first and only one last year after 15 years in the hobby.
My 3rd in 35 years :)

Got to get a 3 hour hunt in today before an evening obligation. I picked a random area off Google Earth in a distant City and took off. The area I picked didn’t check all the boxes so I went a street over and scored a couple permissions.
The first house and first signal was a Wheat. After about the fourth pass close to the front steps and I got a banging 99 signal. I figured a can. I popped the plug and it first it looked like a large token until I moved a little dirt, and there was Good Ol’ Ben looking up at Me. Sweet!!! So thankful to find these:) . I also scored a little round disk that had a cross on it. When I cleaned it up later it was stamped 925! So two Silvers today!!
Silver#6fty!! Wheats-1919,1940,1949,1951D,1948,1949D,1-no date
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!!!View attachment 2139190View attachment 2139191View attachment 2139192View attachment 2139193View attachment 2139194
love that silver! wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back