911.1 KB · Views: 100
  • SDC10878.JPG
    SDC10878.JPG
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 92
  • SDC10879.JPG
    SDC10879.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Looks like you got yourself a good size Kirk there rock.. Congratulations.
Boy did the guy who knapped that one run into a problem on that one side.. that's some stack.
It's okay though that side will be facing down in the frame its going to look good in there

Last edited:
Yes it has a large quartz inclusion in it. Im glad they didnt toss it till they were done. The flint cobbles here are small and the larger cobbles are fugly. Not much good looking cobbles to work with so I guess they made due. I was glad it was whole.

....wow...wonderful find rock! And we :love2: your pottery shots!

....wow...wonderful find rock! And we :love2: your pottery shots!

I did find a new rim section for my collection. I will show it just for you. This would of been a small pot or bowl by the lip size.
Woodstock Incised...... Late Woodland to early Mississippian Period. The example I found only had 2 lines on it but it is the closest one to what I have found and if you look towards the base of the shard you can see some punched (dents).

Attachments

• SDC10887.JPG
    SDC10887.JPG
    962.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Great point you've got there! And thanks for adding the pottery pic. I find a fair amount of pottery, and I like to see what other folks have found. Yak

Nice one Rock. Looks like your sites are doing well. Finding that pottery no telling what else you may find.

:icon_thumright:...double Wow on that rim piece rock...thanks so much for showing it....very nice of you! :)

nice rock you are doing good.looks like some hard stuff to work but he did it anyway.nice point on it too,

Thanks everyone. I was real happy when I saw it sitting rite on some white sand waiting for me to pick it up.
I found other pieces of pottery also but this is the only piece I kept for my frame. The others went into my buckets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back