good start to the winter season.

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi guys, well here in Perth West Australia the weather has turned cold, no more 30 or 40 degree heat, lucky to hit the middle 20's so its goodbye to the water detecting and Hello to the dry land.
This morning was my first days detecting for the winter season and i decided to do an old sports ground that i found by using Google Earth i punched in the co ordinates on the Garmin E Trex GPS and almost an hr later i found the field,the GPS was spot on.

It was a slow start with the pull tabs being a menace and it got to the stage that i turned the discriminator all the way up so that i wouldn't constantly be digging pull tabs.
Well after that it was dead quiet, every 10 minutes or so i would get a beep which turned out to be a screw cap,then i got a target in the high 70's which turned out to be a 1917 penny after that things got better my second worthwhile target turned out to by a heavy 18kt wedding ring.
We stayed there for almost 3 hrs and i ended up with.

1 18ct wedding ring very heavy
1 925 Sterling silver ring,looks like an old style.
1 Army badge
1 Blood donor badge
2 penny's 1936 & 1917
2 Half penny's 1911 & 1951
$4.00 14 one & two cent pieces

Well if the rest of winters detecting turns out like this i will be very happy.

Cheers Raoul

Attachments

• M.S.G.3 (427 x 293).jpg
    M.S.G.3 (427 x 293).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Mundaring Sports ground (658 x 556).jpg
    Mundaring Sports ground (658 x 556).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
hey raoul,nice finds and perth is a really nice city .i have been there a couple of times and had a great time.tell are you an eagles fan.congtrs and happy hunting.

tinpan

Very nice, Raoul! Those rings are magnificent.
Here in the Great Lakes region of the US, we are still waiting for summer to make its full appearance. We had a few nights last week below freezing, so tomatos and sensitive plants can't be planted just yet.
Hope you have many more great finds this winter!
HH
Bob

Hi everyone and thank you for you kind comments.
Tinpan yes I'm an Eagles supporter or as you guys say fan they played yesterday and doubled their opponents score,so far this season they haven't lost a game.

Cheers Raoul ;)

Very nice Raoul!

Congrats on your first winter finds!

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back