Good information on fakes

Good post. Somewhere I read that 80% of all CSA "relics" are fakes.

Some people won't even buy CS stuff anymore.

I know for a fact that CWdigger's stuff is real. He has a bunch for sale.

Growing up my mom and stepdad got me 10 buttons forChristmas one year. I don't know how much they paid for them, or anything, butthey were told they were 100% authentic. About 10 years ago I took them toShiloh Relics to see how much they were worth, and got the heart breaking newsthat they were all fake. The only way the guy could tell was they were heavierthen original buttons. Everything else was correct. So now my 4 year olddaughter "owns them in her collection." It made me very careful aboutwho I buy from. I have only 3 or 4 dealers I use. It's also part of the reasonI got a MD in the first place. It's much more fun to find them on my own!

Growing up my mom and stepdad got me 10 buttons forChristmas one year. I don't know how much they paid for them, or anything, butthey were told they were 100% authentic. About 10 years ago I took them toShiloh Relics to see how much they were worth, and got the heart breaking newsthat they were all fake. The only way the guy could tell was they were heavierthen original buttons. Everything else was correct. So now my 4 year olddaughter "owns them in her collection." It made me very careful aboutwho I buy from. I have only 3 or 4 dealers I use. It's also part of the reasonI got a MD in the first place. It's much more fun to find them on my own!

Agreed. Digging history is much better than buying....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back