Good day

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not for finds but potential. Got a call from a local farmer who had lost his phone in the chips from grinding stumps and chipping some limbs. Checked the chip piles and found it. I had been told by another man that there were some old home sites on his property so wanted to meet him anyway. Long story short ....there are several old homes on him. One of the three main original roads in the county used to run along the base of the mountain and most of the the section that is no longer used is on his property. Three homes with 2 chimneys each and some smaller homes as well from what he has told me. He has given me permission to hunt them and even showed me where he kept the key to one of his 4 wheelers. The guy that told him to call me is one of his and my best friends but we had only met in passing. Only got to hunt one for about 30 minutes before dark but some good potential. My camera locked up and lost some of my pics but will post some more if the finds warrant it.

Only one coin and several mason jar lids. Jackson 001.JPGJackson 004.JPGJackson 005.JPGJackson 006.JPG

Upvote 4
I could not believe how elaborate he has fixed the place for deer hunting. Huge box stands (8x8) with gas heaters shooting lanes and god knows how many food plots. 1600 acres and only 5 hunters including him allowed on it.

By the way has a huge spring behind the old house in the pic and about 20 yards from the front of the house starts a food plot that is literally about 5 acres. Makes the metal detecting easier if you can get over all the deer tracks. It is a hunters paradise.:icon_thumleft:

Yep, that's what I mean, I just gotta get down to some serious research and find me a serious happy hunting grounds. ;)

Looks VERY promising!

HH!

This place will have lots of good hunting for you hope you work it out with the deer hunters. I have lots of spots to hunt but it's all so full of deer hunters to. I just put them off tell deer hunting it over. HH

You did well........nice finds....Some nice new hunting grounds

Gonna hunt this site today or Saturday and then head to try to locate the others. I have another area on the river with lots of area to hunt as well. Only located one virgin site on it but have hunted it about all I can till the ground is turned. Getting late in the year to put in winter cover crop but they are still supposed to. Posted in previous thread about "Pepper Patch". I believe it is an older site and should be at least 3 more in the area but afraid they are in a very grown up area. Literally talking about 2000 plus acres on these 2 farms alone. Lots of ground to cover but having good time trying to figure out where to head next. Not much to show for it yet but still getting a few CW relics (bullet drops) most days and hoping to fall into a good camp. Amazing how many penny buttons scattered around in the fields. At least I am not having to struggle to find a place to swing the coil. More ground in these sites than I can cover for the next few years. Most of them must have been poor as Jobe's turkey. Very few coins.

Potential for sure. Doing a good deed always has its rewards, in one way or another. I had similar experiences myself twice recently. Nice IH.

Sounds like you got it made TNGUNS. Deer and relic/coin hunting...couldn't ask for anything better. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back