Good day out and need help with id

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab X-Terra Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT, WTB Black Tesoro Vaquero with RSD coil PM me!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swung a cellar hole for about two hours and here's the goods. 1819 matron, 1857 flying eagle and 1859 indian are the coins. The larger item on the left has me scratching my head. To me it resembles a sword hand guard.. Let me know what you think. Has a mans face with wings on each side and sun rays behind. Anyone seen this symbol?
cccc.jpgssss.jpgthumbnailvvvv.jpgyyyyy.jpgrrrr.jpgthumbnailhfd.jpgthumbnail.jpgthumbnailjuuu.jpggfnhgf.jpg

Upvote 21
Nice going on the coppers and relics. I can see your view on the sword guard, has that look.

Nice going on the coppers and relics. I can see your view on the sword guard, has that look.

Right? Has spots where its broken off that looks like it would have come down in front of the fingers like a civil war sabre does.

That is a fine hunt ! :occasion14:

That's a very good day! Looks like you may be right on the ID. Hopefully someone will confirm. congratulations!

HH, RN

Very nice hunt,,
2nd Flying Eagle posted today
Congratulations

I'm lucky enough for it to be my second flying eagle of the year. My wife also found one this year as well which was her second flying eagle!

thats a helluva good hunt! Awesome cent trifecta! I agree that the unknown item certainly has the look of a handguard

Nice work. Congrats. I think you are correct with the ID. It has the right look.

Yeap, its off a sword - CONGRATS

Thanks everyone, Glad you all see the same thing. Does anyone know what the symbol on it might mean or origin to help aid further research?

Thanks everyone, Glad you all see the same thing. Does anyone know what the symbol on it might mean or origin to help aid further research?
Its a Cherub's head & wings.

The flying eagle cent is a nice find, BUT the sword piece is killer! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back