Good Day on the Farm

mudduck

Jul 24, 2013
SOUTHEAST VA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO; XP DEUS
First ever post.

A few hours on a farm in central Virginia where a battle took place. Had fun zeroing in on the trajectory of union cannons. Found these frags in a fairly straight line, more than half mile from union lines and within 50yrds of each other. Looking forward to the crops coming up out of the fields this fall. Who knows what they contain.

Attachments

• image-788285314.jpg
    image-788285314.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 101
  • image-4259287325.jpg
    image-4259287325.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 1
Hey, Mr. Mudduck, welcome to tnet, No Civil War history here in So. Indiana, so I am jealous of your great finds...The only trajectories I zero in on are from the bleachers to the concession stand at the ball parks.

Thanks JunkShopFiddler. I actually found another dozen smaller frag pieces in the same general area. I was pretty stoked when I found the larger frags. Gave me hope that this farm has not been hunted out. We shall see.

CONGRATS mud duck!! Neat finds!! I live down in Louisiana and have found similar pieces in Port Hudson Battle Field sites!! Appears to be fragmented cannon ball pieces in addition to other obvious pieces!! CONGRATS!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back