Gonna try one more time...

JWT70

May 26, 2012
Posted this button the other day. Some people complained about the picture, so I took some more pics. The face on this button is worn to where you can't see through it very good, so these pics aren't much better. To me, it looks to have two turkeys facing each other at the bottom. There is a bow and arrow, it's hard to make out,

ForumRunner_20120605_214009.png

ForumRunner_20120605_213950.png

ForumRunner_20120605_213935.png

in the top left hand side pointed towards the right. Just hoping somebody might recognize it with my description. It was found on a known Revolutionary war site. Thanks for the help.

It is SO hard to make out the image. Are you sure you have it right side up?

Have you tried to do a pencil rubbing of it?

Is there a flag at the top?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I think he meant rub with the graphite point (lead) on a piece of paper which was placed on top of the item.

Upvote 0
Glass dome button? I must have missed that part of your description. If it is glass domed it is probably NOT colonial era. More likely it is mid to late 19th century. If it does have birds on it, it may be off a hunting jacket.

Try rubbing some light oil on it - like vegetable oil. That may fill in the scratches enough for a better look at the images.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I think it looks like two birds on a branch facing each other with maybe a fence behind them. Can anyone see that?

Upvote 0
I think the oil idea is great. I would probably help bring out the image better. Neat find

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back