Gollum in the Desert...............again!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks,

Haven't updated any pics in a while, so here are some of me doing what I do every week.

Roaming the deserts and climbing mountains!

Best-Mike

merover2.jpg

me4.jpg

me5.jpg

me1a.jpg

Great pics Mike and Thankyou for the welcome. Sure looks hot there, you spend much time in the desert exploring?

Molly. :)

Hey Molly Your Hotness,

It's about 110-115 degrees by 10-11AM on average. You can Google Weather for Borrego Springs, Ca. or Yucca Valley, Ca. I just did it right now, and the forecast is only 97 to 103 COOL WEATHER!

Like I told someone a while back. I live close enough to the beach to hit the water with a rock (just about), and I spend most all my time in the desert. It's sad.

Hey BBQBull,

They are 12-20 X 80. They are even bigger than they look in the pics, because I am 6'4" and 265lbs. The ruck is a Camelbak BFM.

Thanks-Mike

Darn, you are a big guy. ::)

lol@Your Hotness.

I don't think its sad, everyone needs solitude (thinking time), looks nice & quiet, thats fer sure. Not sure I could stand the heat, I'm struggling in 90 degrees.

Attachments

• Rockhunter.jpg
    Rockhunter.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Rockhunter.jpg
    Rockhunter.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,099
Solitude IS a good thing! Where I live (SoCal), you can drive from Ventura to the Mexican Border and ust about never be out of sight of a house. That's about 200 miles.

Mike

Funny Thing Molly,

In all my years in the military, I was in both Va. and NC. I was in Newport News, Norfolk, and Little Creek, Va.(and many more) while in the Navy. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. (as well as Ft. Benning, Ga.) while in the Army.

Mike

I gathered you were a military guy. How long were you in the forces?

Molly.

14 glorious years (12.5 active, and two years as a Reserve Infantry Drill Sergeant). Lots-O-fun!

Mike

Re: Very interesting photos.

siz3petite said:
Nice photos. You look really comfortable out there. Thanks for sharing those. :icon_sunny:

Thanks.

I'm out there ALL the time. I'm about as comfortable out there as I am anywhere. ;D ;D

Mike

I know other ex-military guys that love the desert, its definetly the solitude.
I'm looking forward to experiencing that. Nevada desert is on my list of spots to visit.

Man Gollum, I would not liked you to have been my Drill Sarge!

Also, very beautiful scenery. Most of our deserts are miles and miles of sand. Where i am(Australia) an average summer temperature is 46deg Celsius, and the closest desert is 5 hours away.

I would love to one day come over to the US and explore your region, looks so majestic and desolate at the same time.

Cheers
Grim

Thanks Grim,

I've been to Australia. I went to Perth, WA. I loved it. To tell you how long ago it was, I saw the band "Men at Work" in some dinky little basement bar. Maybe 200 people there. It was before (shortly) they got big.

Best-Mike

Great pics, Mike. It's just something about the desert South West, that I love...sunshine, wide open spaces. Well, one does get tired of water, swamps & mosquitoes all the time. :icon_scratch: :D

:wink: RR

River Rat said:
Great pics, Mike. It's just something about the desert South West, that I love...sunshine, wide open spaces. Well, one does get tired of water, swamps & mosquitoes all the time. :icon_scratch: :D

:wink: RR

Well,

I grew up in New Orleans, so I kind of miss getting ready for work, then needing another shower by the time you get to the car! ;D ;D ;D

Best-Mike

Welcome to TNet Mike! I like the desert, spent 2 winters (6 months & 7 months) in Southern California. That was well over a decade ago...back when I first started getting treasure magazines and before buying my first detector. Oh boy, did I ever love exploring the desert and mountains. Since then I've been out to Arizona and New Mexico to do the same, only finally with metal detectors. You know, something just went out recently on my coin detector, which was the first machine. Now I just have a nugget detector and a 2-box deep machine. :coffee2:

Welcome Mike, Looks like you like "Me time". I know how it is just wanting to get away from it all sometimes. I retired from the Marines and Army after 22 years, 2 months, and 16 days. Have fun out there guy... :coffee2:

MIKEYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey buddy, have fun but be careful, I don't have a tow rope long enough to bring you back in ( cause there is noooo way I will be able to carry you ). LOL

PLL
PS: Pm me when you're going out again, maybe we can meet up at Carlie's or the Red Octillio, breakfast or dinner is on me....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back