Golf Course Anyone ?

Around the teeboxes and greens is where you'll find the new valuables.... (And of course the driving range tee boxes...)

I'd start around the 19th hole 1st.

A local course got shutdown here
best locations so far beside the paths that the golf carts dive on
mostly clad but some jewelry
very little junk

A local course got shutdown here
best locations so far beside the paths that the golf carts dive on
mostly clad but some jewelry
very little junk

Yeah the paths are great. Unfortunately the one buy me is still open lol

A buddy of mine bought the front 9 of a local course that had closed and remodeled the clubhouse into a nice home. I found half of a colt percussion revolver on one of the greens with my AT pro.

There was a Golf course near where I grew up, that dated to the early or mid 1950s. And when it finally got shut down and turned into something else (about 15 yrs. ago), we found lots of coins during the turf scrapes behind the tractors. Simply amazed me, because since grass is kept mowed *sseeeooo* nice and flat (for purposes of golfing), you'd think that coins simply couldn't get lost and covered. But somehow, they were there.

And this course had been a polo field in the 1920s to 40's, prior to being a golf course. So we were also getting coins from that era too. But got many that we knew, date-wise, were coming from the golf era.

One caution is: Some golf courses do a lot of "sculpting" of the landscape. Ie.: make slopes, grades, traps, etc.... I talked to a greens manager at one of the high end older Pebble Beach golf courses, who told me that the ground had been moved around so much over the decades, that they one time found a 1920's golf club 5 ft. down during new renovations (had been buried down in past remodelings).

So hopefully yours is the type that's always stayed flat.

I think I responded to you about this on another forum. Good luck and be sure to post here what you find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back