Goldmonster 1000/Introduction post

sequoia

Oct 2, 2024
This is my first post on the forum and as such I feel it's necessary to explain a little background. Other than being born in humboldt, I've grown up in trinity county my entire life and was raised around gold mining and the culture it holds. Never finding any gold as a kid, nor taking it seriously.

In these last couple months I went out sluicing and got what may be a gram or more. That got me bad enough I went out and purchased a gold monster 1000 locally in redding.

It's been 3 days, on and off detecting and I've yet to find ANYTHING in all the bedrock creeks and crevices, any gravel bars or inside creeks that used to produce pounds of gold. Nothing. It's got me down slightly, slightly more so irritated that I went out and purchased a $800 machine and have yet to find anything other than lead bullets and other trash. I have no doubt that it'll find me gold, I'm just looking in the wrong places I feel.

Anything is appreciated, I really want to change my life potentially just like every other miners dream because I grew up dirt poor and the family is as well. With gold being $2600 an ounce, I think it's possible to change that.

-Tree

1000006861.jpg

Upvote 2
without seeing you swing the detector, nobody knows the problem.
Always keep the coil on the ground, skid plates are cheap.
If there is no gold, your detector will not find it, if you move too fast, your detector will not find it.
If the gold is too deep your detector will not find it, which is the reason most gold hunters use Pulse induction machines, they punch deeper.
The GM is a good machine, learn how to use it, including ground balancing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back