Gold sifter??

Gregga88

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
Jupiter,FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I'am new to the site as well as no experience in the treasure hunting business so please excuse my lack of knowledge. Here goes, recently purchased a new warehouse for our business and found this (again please excuse my lack of knowledge) looks like a gold sifter? It is about 4-5' tall and 5-6' long,also has a barrel looking thing that has springs midway down with a bunch of fine filters on top that look like it shakes as you put the dirt on top and it shakes the dirt/mud down and leaves the gold up on the screen. I'am posting pictures but currently do not have any pictures of the barrel shaker thing and I will get pictures of that tomorrow. Just looking for ANY information on this setup and what it may be worth? Thank you very much for your time. Best regards,Gregg.

image.jpg

Greg,
Looks to me like an ore processor.
As it rotates the shovel fulls of gold bearing ore bangs around inside and basically breaks itself into smaller pieces and dusty powder.

Then it can be processed, or run thru a sluice or leach pile to get the gold out.

Probably worth $550 if you find someone to buy it.
Good luck!
JWoods

J woods thank you very much for the reply, found a data tag today that was painted over ( why I missed it this whole time) that stated it is a twin shell dry blender manufactured by the patterson kelley co. Few on eBay from $2,500-12,000!

You figured it out before I could answer. They were used a lot in plants that dealt with dry product like spices. If you're looking to sell it for top dollar, try giving a call to bottlers or companies that make flavorings. The one I saw was being used to blend the ingredient's for bloody mary mixes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back