Gold Ring and Good Conduct!

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We went to the local park today and hubby found this 14 kt gold wedding band with my BH Discovery 1100 and I pinpointed the good conduct metal for him with my Ace 250 (it was buried in the roots of
a big, old, oak tree!....although I give him credit for finding it. :D He also found a 2001 dog tag and we both found coins. I've found around $50. in coins the past couple of months. The Ace 250 is a coin loving machine!
This is only the second time that Hubby (Leroy) has been metal detecting with me and the first time he used a detector for any length of time...so he had great beginners luck! He is a little shy about posting so I'm posting his finds for him.
The metal says: Efficiency Honor Fidelty on the front and For Good Conduct on the back. It also has the name Ferrill O Burr. I looked the name up in our local phone book and didn't see it listed. I have no idea how old it is or what branch of service. It seems to be made of brass.
The other marking in the ring besides the 14kt is TW in a oval.

Attachments

• ringandmetal.JPG
    ringandmetal.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 326
  • metalbackup.JPG
    metalbackup.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 325
  • goldring.JPG
    goldring.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 305
  • 14kt.JPG
    14kt.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
I found a good conduct medal as well here in Florida, also at the base of a big tree. what a coincidence.

That's interesting pooley...wonder why the medals would be buried by a tree?
Thanks Dave.. I've missed posting..but didn't think anyone was really interested in seeing more clad...plus we are preparing to move to Texas (getting property ready to sell, etc), so I've been very busy!

Hey! Great finds! Have missed your reading your posts! Seems your one step up from most of the others girls in here if you can get your hubby to go with you ! :D

Congrats!

Nana ;)

Good stuff!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

nice finds - try freeality.com - thats how i find everbody i am looking for the white pages lookup is great - leftybassplayer

Hi,

Tell your husband, don't be shy all good people on this forum.

That is a very nice ring! I am sure it has Numismatic Value on top of Gold Weight Value, WTG !!

Keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 237
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 190

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back