Keith123

Jul 7, 2013
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a cufflink to me, but I'm not sure. I'm really interested in figuring out the approximate timeframe it was in style. Also, looks like it has a thin layer of gold plating, but I'm not sure when that was in style. Any help is appreciated! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422025651.717270.jpg

I'm thinking that's a thin layer of gold. I believe they call those gold top cufflinks. 1890s to 1910s... It would be thicker then gold plating. Another term for it would be rolled gold plate like an old pocket watch or wristwatch case. Rolled Gold Antique Jewelry - Definition & Example It would have some amount of scrap value, but not allot. Worth a smile at least. Thats what I get when I find any amount of gold :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very useful information tamrock! I've never heard of rolled gold plate. Thank you very much!

Upvote 0
Looking from my cell and that could be 10 k gold. I have retrieved old gold from the ground that had the same coating but mostly in and around the crevices and right angles.

Upvote 0
RGP'ed items don't have any gold value unless you can remove the gold from them or you have large amounts.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back