Gold Panning in PA

Ok I'll bite. How did that happen and when are ya posting the pic's and what made you go panning and then discover Halfs. Please post the whole Story as this one sounds good.
HH
PS I heard the the Never Sink and the Delaware flooded pretty good in some areas. Where you at. ( just a approximate Location.)

I'm near Reading in Berks County, Recently jioned the GPAA and have been trying my luck at panning n local creeks. I found some color one afternoon after work and since the creek is only about a quater mile long, I decided that the following night after work I would start at the beginning of the creek where it comes out from a spring. It was near the road and people throw out trash in that area, so I started cleaning the creek of thrsh and as I picked up what I thought was a peice of foil from a jucie bottle it turned out to be a 1949 Franklin in neer mint condition. I looked around for more but didn't see anything. I decided that I would come back the next night with my DFX and look for more. To my suprise the DFX went nuts !!!

Get out of Dodge!!! your tryin to tell me that someone just threw out some coins and didnt know it. That is unbelievable. Good work. Now if you can find some more of the trash the clowns probably threw out some jewelery too. I would track that one till the end and go down stream from there or decide why the cache was there to start with. We need pics man. This is great stuff.

Wow! post some pics! ?So what is the story of the area? Swim area? wishing well? Cache washed loose? What do you think. I would sing the length of the creek with those type of finds.

Altiman

Oh also dont let anyone know you found color until you excavate a little by the spring. The pockets of gold there can be tremendous. I have not done this but I have read on the boards here that the actual spring holds a pocket of gold. How you get it, is another thing but the fact that the streanm has gold must mean the pocket exists.Nice work here DD. Now where are those Pic's. HH

Altiman said:
Wow! post some pics! ?So what is the story of the area? Swim area? wishing well? Cache washed loose? What do you think. I would sing the length of the creek with those type of finds.

I got two theory's, one there a some old foundations within about 100 yards of the site, so it could be a cache. The second and probably the one that makes the most sense is that someone just threw out so trash from remodeling an rental house and didn't know that there was a glass jar in it with coins. When the jar hit a tree the coins scattered there.

Altiman said:

Altiman
dd2387 said:
Altiman said:
Wow! post some pics! So what is the story of the area? Swim area? wishing well? Cache washed loose? What do you think. I would sing the length of the creek with those type of finds.

I got two theory's, one there a some old foundations within about 100 yards of the site, so it could be a cache. The second and probably the one that makes the most sense is that someone just threw out so trash from remodeling an rental house and didn't know that there was a glass jar in it with coins. When the jar hit a tree the coins scattered there.

Hot diggity when ya find em all can ya bring some over here to the Harrisburg area? I might have to start hittin the creeks harder down this way---only do the banks for now but holy smokes time to get me one of them water proof MD's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back