Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-3456708519.jpg

image-915434469.jpg

image-3047406267.jpg

image-1144587938.jpg

Any ideas

Why do you have this titled gold necklace? I'm not sure, but it looks like a wax seal stamp without the actual stamp.

Upvote 0
I believe Jason is exactly correct (wax seal missing the stamp), and Rossiter I believe you're correct as I'm taking it that you meant it goes on a necklace. So I think it's a pendant like this; Antique 14k Gold Wax Seal Carnelian Pendant "Fortiter in Rebus" | eBay Carnelian was a common material for the stamp surface to be made of (as is the one in the link). Age wise I have no idea, except that of course they fell out of popular use a fair time back.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I had no idea what it was it has a little loop at the top so I thought it was a part of a necklace. It kind of looks like a rear view mirror. I never heard of the thing you guys were calling it. But that looks like it thank you.

Upvote 0
One would usually wear this 14k gold wax seal on a chain around the neck, both displaying it for appearances, and for ease of access when stamping documents. So it was a necklace and a stamp

Upvote 0
One would usually wear this 14k gold wax seal on a chain around the neck, both displaying it for appearances, and for ease of access when stamping documents. So it was a necklace and a stamp

I didn't know these were worn on necklaces, so I learned something as well!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back