Gold in the woods

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I decided to do a beach hunt this past Saturday so I headed to Stewart beach early and arrived there at about 6:am. I was using my Explorer SE and was only finding clad. At about 8:am I looked up and there was literally about 15 other people detecting, young and old. It was obvious that they were newbies or just giving it a whirl because some had detectors that I doubt would ever find anything on the beach but you gotta love it. They were out there swinging and enjoying the start of the memorial weekend. By the time that I left, there was, and I kid you not, at least 20 people swinging a detector. There was a couple of other guys out there that were geared up with nice machines and the right beach accessories for hunting.

I got back into Houston at about 10:am and decided to stop at a local park that still has woods around it to do a little hunting. I had loaded a new program into my Explorer and wanted to try it out. I had been in the woods for about 15 minutes or so and got a signal that was repeating. It was coming in at 08-06, 09-06 and 10-06. The tone remained the same and the numbers kept hitting one of those three no matter which way I swung over the target. Needless to say, I dug it and this it what produced. It looks like it had been repaired at one time where it is broken. There was no mark on the inside and some of the design looks hand stamped. The only way for me to know if it's really gold is to do an acid test which I now have on order.
HH,
DTD

Attachments

• Close-up_2.jpg
    Close-up_2.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 140
  • crushed_4.jpg
    crushed_4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 163
  • flat and broken_6.jpg
    flat and broken_6.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 128
  • gold gotta love it_8.jpg
    gold gotta love it_8.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 149
  • in the hole_1.jpg
    in the hole_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
  • out of the hole_5.jpg
    out of the hole_5.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 158
  • round again_7.jpg
    round again_7.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 158
  • rubbed_3.jpg
    rubbed_3.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 161
Thanks everyone for the comments and as you all know, GOLD just makes this fascinating addiction stronger. Gotta' love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back