Gold colored whatsit -- maybe from a necklace?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a seeded hunt at an old park, so the location doesn't necessarily help. The guy who planted this item is from a local relic hunting club. It's gold colored, has two small loops on either side at the top, and is lightweight. The center edges are each bent about 90 degrees, but I'm not sure if that was random damage or not.

FRONT

8CBE3070-7F8E-4A21-AF74-376B52DE135F_zpsc5jiqmdr.jpg

BACK

C8C4F43B-B9B4-42D1-A4BB-8450110A9A16_zps3ioqnk9i.jpg

WhiteTornado, My two cents: It is a brooch based on the crude "T" pin (pin broken off) and "C" catch on the reverse (1890's-1920's) and the linked loops are actually are meant to hang down, having another part of the brooch dangling beneath this one. Kind of like a suspension badge. Hope this helps. Sub 8-)

Something like this...
brooch.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WhiteTornado, My two cents: It is a brooch based on the crude "T" pin (pin broken off) and "C" catch on the reverse (1890's-1920's) and the linked loops are actually are meant to hang down, having another part of the brooch dangling beneath this one. Kind of like a suspension badge. Hope this helps. Sub 8-)

Something like this...
View attachment 1261978

Makes sense to me, thanks :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back