Gold Bug 2, which Coil/Coils?

Get the smallest and the largest. Then your set for any type of hunting.

If you have Lots of open ground with very few obstructions then Sandman is right on but if 'your area' has lots of obstructions, rocks/bushes etc., then the 6" and the 10" could be a better combo. I have a whites GMT with the 14" DD coil, the coil itself is heavy and put it out on the end of the shaft and it gets even heavier and will really fatigue the detector arm quickly. See you are in AZ so likely you will not be doing any detecting in streams but as an input for detecting in the water, the coil floats so it takes a Lot of effort to keep it down on the bottom of the riverbed, fatigue happens quickly. Good Success with your choices as two coils are better than one. Oh, the small coil is a really good one but it will force you to go slow or else you will miss a lot of targets. I use my 4 x 6 a Lot!............63 bkpkr

The stock coil for the Goldbug2 has historically always been the 10" elliptical, not the 14" elliptical coil. The 14" will not do anything the 10" can't do better in bad ground that normally is associated with gold. Go for the 6" and 10" coils. Regards, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back