Gold and silver jewelry from the park with diamond jewelry 3 days in a row and a couple of days of dry land clad

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the middle school. The ground is dry and the grass is brown so not the best conditions, but with everything brown digging isn’t going to make much difference and the principal is ok with it so off I went. I always print out an aerial map of the grounds and mark off where I have gridded when I do these places so I cover every inch. The spot for this day was not promising from the walkovers I’ve done, but if you don’t check you won’t know and the nice gold ring I found here not long ago was in a less promising location.

I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 79 coins either a face value of $5.45, some cheapie jewelry, a Canadian dime, a modern button, a MELON MIST tube, a carabiner, a small marble and the usual assortment of aluminum fence wire, can slaw, pencil ends, and tabs (89 of them, mostly beaver tails).

DSCN3340.jpeg

IMG_8887.jpeg

The chain unfortunately is stainless steel. The earring dangle looks like silver, but the ear wire is not even close so not silver. Nothing special, but coins are always welcome.

DSCN3341.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the middle school and worked another grid in an area where the walkovers weren’t that good. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 157 coins with a face value of $8.19 (much better than expected), DAN’S keys, some junky jewelry, a modern button front, 2 new buckles, an aluminum pencil sharpener, a 2012 rabies tag, a toy car hood, my daily ACE bandage clip, aluminum bottle caps, pencil ends, can slaw, fence wire and tabs (only 42 this trip). Nothing great, but gas money is always good.

DSCN3342.jpeg

DSCN3343.jpeg

DAY 3
I went to a park swimming area I covered about 5 weeks ago. It has been hot and I was hoping a lot of people had been enjoying the water since I was there last and I might have some luck. There are 3 swimming areas in the park and I will try all of them this week.

I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 24 coins with a face value of $2.08, 2 tabs, a pedant, 3 rings, 16 earrings, 3 earring backs, 3 sinkers, a selfie stick retainer, a piece of an aluminum beverage cap, a tiny butterfly, a bracelet, 2 cars and of course foil.

DSCN3344.jpeg

Most of the jewelry is cheapie, but I got lucky and found 5 golds and 4 silvers. All of the gold is 14k so that’s good. ANGELY came off a necklace. The first ring is made by BENCHMARK. The second ring is big, but hollow so not a lot of weight. The good thing is the 12 diamonds in it. The 2 earrings have czs in them. The last ring is stainless. The gold rings rang up just as you would expect on the ATPro, 53 to 55, the same as pop tabs and nickels. The earrings were in the 30s and 40s because of the unusual shape the numbers jump around a lot. I take note of the numbers, but don’t use them as a guide to digging. If it sounds mid, high or any combination of mid and high I scoop it out. Those gold earrings ring up like foil. I may dig more trash than the average person, but I don’t leave much behind. The golds all together weighs 0.39 troy ounces. Nothing super, but the gold prices are good so I could sell all those for scrap at the local buyer for $464. $116 an hour is nice work, too bad it’s not like this everyday.

DSCN3347.jpeg

DSCN3348.jpeg

The silvers are all very small, a little cz stud, a tiny piece of chain with a clasp and 2 earring backs. The detector won’t pick up the tiny stuff if it is too deep, but the people walking around on the sandy bottom stir up the sand and bring things to the surface. Freezing and thawing helps too. That little piece of chain is very black so it has been in the water a long time, it just finally got up where it could be found.

DSCN3346.jpeg

DAY 4
I went to the second park swimming area hoping for a repeat performance. The money was better, but the jewelry was hard to come by. I spent another 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 51 coins with a face value of $6.26, 4 tabs, 8 earrings, a pendant, a ring, a live .22 round, a grommet from some Tommy Bahama wear, a couple of little aluminum knock outs, a necklace, an ID bracelet, 3 toy cars and of course foil. The tiny silver ball above the bullet has a hole with screw threads so it. It may be an earring back, but probably is the end of a belly button ring from what I have seen in the past.

DSCN3349.jpeg

The ID bracelet is setup like a good one, but it is unmarked and does NOT test as gold. The little Cupid pendant is 14k and you can see the broken ring at the top (the cause of the loss). 3 silvers this trip, a cz stud, a knot earring and an earring back. The knot earring has 6 little stones in it and they are diamonds. At first glance it looks like more diamonds, but the small silver bumps mixed in with the stones make it look better than it is. The diamonds are all small, but ice is always nice.

DSCN3351.jpeg

DAY 5
I made one more trip and went to the last swimming area. This one is in the park campground. The others are in the day use area. This one is not always as productive as the others, but you never know until you check. I went with fingers crossed.

I spent 4.5 hours coving the swimming area with the ATPro. I managed to find 46 coins with a face value of $5.04, 5 rings, a fishing swivel snap, a pendant, a religious medal, 3 earrings, 2 earring backs, an aluminum chain link, part of a watch buckle, 3 selfie stick retainers, a CALVIN KLIEN cord end, 6 sinkers, 3 whole tabs and 2 halves (why do they have to make more targets out of these things), an ear piece from a pair of glasses, a bracelet, a toy car and a little foil.

DSCN3352.jpeg

The rings are titanium, aluminum, silver and 2 stainless steel. The only one that is any good is the silver one. It has a nice little heart shaped stone in the center. The heart and the tiny stones around it are all white topaz. The 2 stones on the band on each side are actually tiny diamonds. My wife likes it and it fits so what do you think I said to that. “I’ll clean it up for you, it’s yours.” That makes her happy, which makes me happy and it sure makes it easier to go detecting when I want.

DSCN3354.jpeg

DSCN3353.jpeg

That makes precious metal 3 days in a row with a piece of diamond jewelry each day. 12 diamonds, then 6 diamonds and now 4 more. All of them are small, but diamond jewelry is not all that common and it adds a thrill to the day.

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a dime on the floor at the grocery checkout and 2 quarters in vending machine returns. Not much this week but it adds up over time.

I’m sure everyone out there is hot like we are. Detecting on land in this sun and heat can be brutal. Luckily I had 3 water spots to detect so those days were much more comfortable. It was a good week. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• DSCN3345.jpeg
    DSCN3345.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Upvote 25
Nice finds and nice write up!

What do you use to test your metals and diamonds?
Thanks for the reply. I have the acids used to test for gold, silver and platinum. I also have en electronic gold tester and a gem tester as well. I also have a jeweler friend who helps when the gem tester is inconclusive. It helps to have all the toys when you have been detecting a long time. (Only 22 years, some folks on here have been at it much longer than I have)

Good luck, stay safe and keep swingin.

Nice work! I need to do better with those low 50's numbers. I have gotten fooled so much on trash I start to get lazy and move on. Your finds remind me to keep digging!

Kevin

DAY 1
I went back to the middle school. The ground is dry and the grass is brown so not the best conditions, but with everything brown digging isn’t going to make much difference and the principal is ok with it so off I went. I always print out an aerial map of the grounds and mark off where I have gridded when I do these places so I cover every inch. The spot for this day was not promising from the walkovers I’ve done, but if you don’t check you won’t know and the nice gold ring I found here not long ago was in a less promising location.

I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 79 coins either a face value of $5.45, some cheapie jewelry, a Canadian dime, a modern button, a MELON MIST tube, a carabiner, a small marble and the usual assortment of aluminum fence wire, can slaw, pencil ends, and tabs (89 of them, mostly beaver tails).

View attachment 2158552

View attachment 2158565

The chain unfortunately is stainless steel. The earring dangle looks like silver, but the ear wire is not even close so not silver. Nothing special, but coins are always welcome.

View attachment 2158553

DAY 2
I went back to the middle school and worked another grid in an area where the walkovers weren’t that good. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 157 coins with a face value of $8.19 (much better than expected), DAN’S keys, some junky jewelry, a modern button front, 2 new buckles, an aluminum pencil sharpener, a 2012 rabies tag, a toy car hood, my daily ACE bandage clip, aluminum bottle caps, pencil ends, can slaw, fence wire and tabs (only 42 this trip). Nothing great, but gas money is always good.

View attachment 2158554

View attachment 2158555

DAY 3
I went to a park swimming area I covered about 5 weeks ago. It has been hot and I was hoping a lot of people had been enjoying the water since I was there last and I might have some luck. There are 3 swimming areas in the park and I will try all of them this week.

I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 24 coins with a face value of $2.08, 2 tabs, a pedant, 3 rings, 16 earrings, 3 earring backs, 3 sinkers, a selfie stick retainer, a piece of an aluminum beverage cap, a tiny butterfly, a bracelet, 2 cars and of course foil.

View attachment 2158556

Most of the jewelry is cheapie, but I got lucky and found 5 golds and 4 silvers. All of the gold is 14k so that’s good. ANGELY came off a necklace. The first ring is made by BENCHMARK. The second ring is big, but hollow so not a lot of weight. The good thing is the 12 diamonds in it. The 2 earrings have czs in them. The last ring is stainless. The gold rings rang up just as you would expect on the ATPro, 53 to 55, the same as pop tabs and nickels. The earrings were in the 30s and 40s because of the unusual shape the numbers jump around a lot. I take note of the numbers, but don’t use them as a guide to digging. If it sounds mid, high or any combination of mid and high I scoop it out. Those gold earrings ring up like foil. I may dig more trash than the average person, but I don’t leave much behind. The golds all together weighs 0.39 troy ounces. Nothing super, but the gold prices are good so I could sell all those for scrap at the local buyer for $464. $116 an hour is nice work, too bad it’s not like this everyday.

View attachment 2158551

View attachment 2158559

The silvers are all very small, a little cz stud, a tiny piece of chain with a clasp and 2 earring backs. The detector won’t pick up the tiny stuff if it is too deep, but the people walking around on the sandy bottom stir up the sand and bring things to the surface. Freezing and thawing helps too. That little piece of chain is very black so it has been in the water a long time, it just finally got up where it could be found.

View attachment 2158558

DAY 4
I went to the second park swimming area hoping for a repeat performance. The money was better, but the jewelry was hard to come by. I spent another 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 51 coins with a face value of $6.26, 4 tabs, 8 earrings, a pendant, a ring, a live .22 round, a grommet from some Tommy Bahama wear, a couple of little aluminum knock outs, a necklace, an ID bracelet, 3 toy cars and of course foil. The tiny silver ball above the bullet has a hole with screw threads so it. It may be an earring back, but probably is the end of a belly button ring from what I have seen in the past.

View attachment 2158560

The ID bracelet is setup like a good one, but it is unmarked and does NOT test as gold. The little Cupid pendant is 14k and you can see the broken ring at the top (the cause of the loss). 3 silvers this trip, a cz stud, a knot earring and an earring back. The knot earring has 6 little stones in it and they are diamonds. At first glance it looks like more diamonds, but the small silver bumps mixed in with the stones make it look better than it is. The diamonds are all small, but ice is always nice.

View attachment 2158561

DAY 5
I made one more trip and went to the last swimming area. This one is in the park campground. The others are in the day use area. This one is not always as productive as the others, but you never know until you check. I went with fingers crossed.

I spent 4.5 hours coving the swimming area with the ATPro. I managed to find 46 coins with a face value of $5.04, 5 rings, a fishing swivel snap, a pendant, a religious medal, 3 earrings, 2 earring backs, an aluminum chain link, part of a watch buckle, 3 selfie stick retainers, a CALVIN KLIEN cord end, 6 sinkers, 3 whole tabs and 2 halves (why do they have to make more targets out of these things), an ear piece from a pair of glasses, a bracelet, a toy car and a little foil.

View attachment 2158562

The rings are titanium, aluminum, silver and 2 stainless steel. The only one that is any good is the silver one. It has a nice little heart shaped stone in the center. The heart and the tiny stones around it are all white topaz. The 2 stones on the band on each side are actually tiny diamonds. My wife likes it and it fits so what do you think I said to that. “I’ll clean it up for you, it’s yours.” That makes her happy, which makes me happy and it sure makes it easier to go detecting when I want.

View attachment 2158564

View attachment 2158563

That makes precious metal 3 days in a row with a piece of diamond jewelry each day. 12 diamonds, then 6 diamonds and now 4 more. All of them are small, but diamond jewelry is not all that common and it adds a thrill to the day.

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a dime on the floor at the grocery checkout and 2 quarters in vending machine returns. Not much this week but it adds up over time.

I’m sure everyone out there is hot like we are. Detecting on land in this sun and heat can be brutal. Luckily I had 3 water spots to detect so those days were much more comfortable. It was a good week. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back