Gold and Silver Dealers Who Dont Want To "Deal"

celticfury

Greenie
Jan 20, 2006
Gold and Silver Dealers Who Dont Want To "Deal"

is anyone besides me having trouble with gold and silver dealers who DONT want to look at the scrap you bring them? i took 6-8 dinner forks , and a smaller, hand-sized bag FILLED with scrap (some of which was clearly labelled "Sterling") to Verona Silver and Gold in Verona, New Jersey, and the s*n*f*b*tch couldnt even be bothered to LOOK at what i had. seems they only want to deal with you if you have an absolute PILE of nice shiny clearly labelled metal/coins...what do you do in a situation like this? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: >:(

Re: Gold and Silver Dealers Who Dont Want To "Deal"

ill give you a dollar for it all :laughing9: but i agree, sell on ebay...Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

I recently went in one of those places just to see what they'd offer on some sterling I had. $270 worth at the time. It went to ARA when I was done.

The guy offered me twenty-five bucks!

I agree sell it on ebay, never know what you'll get out of it, but itll be alot more than what those guys offer. And poeple will buy just about anything on ebay!!!!

several months ago I went to 4 local buyers with some silver. 3 said would not even buy any silver and the 4th low balled me.

positive ending to this situation: i found a nice business in bloomfield, nj that not only politely explained what they were buying and why (which included testing all my scrap), but also what they were NOT buying, and why. went home with a total of about $130.00 for a variety of scrap metals and collectibles. now for the details:

A MUST TO AVOID: >:( :angry4: :cussing: >:(

VERONA SILVER AND GOLD COIN
524-A BLOOMFIELD AVENUE
VERONA, NJ 973-857-8008

PATRONISE THESE FOLKS: :icon_thumright: :sunny: :icon_king: :icon_biggrin:

JOHN MICHAELS ESTATE JEWELRY
1051 BROAD STREET
BLOOMFIELD, NJ 973-338-4400

thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back