goin teal huntin;)

I was waiting for someone to question what a teal is. There are none here, only snipes. Have you ever gone snipe hunting when you were younger?

Attachments

• teal.jpg
    teal.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 272
yeah teal is a duck, or duck like, they are pretty fast too, and gorgeous. actually last year i got my first snipe, not many down here in the desert, but i thought it was soo cool i kept its head. it will make a interesting skull piece, the beak just freaks me out. as for the teal, we had no luck, i will be going at sun set in a day or 2 since the season only lasts like 10 days here ( i dunno why so short)

Blue wing? Green wing? Cinnamon?

I've busted many a boxful at 'em in years gone by. Those little guys can really scoot!

BTW, if you think a snipe's bill is something, you ought to see a woodcock (or as some old-timers used to call 'em, timberboodle).

Attachments

• Woodcock.jpg
    Woodcock.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 236
Teal ARE some fast flying duck's.....Sorry you and your buddy didn't connect,maybe next time!!Read a report that the Greenwing's are up 20% and the Bluewing's are up 28% NATIONWIDE.....Can't understand the short season here in the East either...Woodie's are kickin' butt here in the mid-atlantic....Here's a couple pic's of the one's I just got back,still waiting on a Pintail and of all thing's a Merganser....Duck Hunting,Gotta Love It!!!!

Attachments

• 2006_0921Image0002.JPG
    2006_0921Image0002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 2006_0921Image0001.JPG
    2006_0921Image0001.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 260
Maybe I should have put a smiley face after my question about snipe hunting. Yes we have snipe in my area, but I was thinking more along the line of the kind you catch at night with a flashlight and a gunny sack. I want someone to post a picture of that kind of snipe. ;D

When I was a Boyscout I got hit by that once....After that it was my turn to be the leader of the "snipe" hunt.....Thank's for bringin' back some memorie's.HH!!

Did some snipe hunting myself when I was younger. As I recall it required one stupid kid to beat the bushes with a stick to scare them out while another sh&* for brains kid held open a coffee sack til the snipe ran in...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back