Glenn from NY

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Glenn and I live in Manhattan, I have only detected upstate so far, if anyone wants to get together just pm me. I bought a Fisher 1280x a couple of years ago but never got going with it until last sunday when I dusted it off and got down to business. I found a cheap ring, my first, 1.21 in clad which included 9 pennies from one hole and a #3 tag which is my wife's favorite number. Below is a picture of me doing my other obsession. The fish was released after the photo.
salmonfly.jpg

HH Glenn

Welcome! I used to live in Manhattan years ago. 614 W. 136th Street. Apt.43. Got bussed to Commerce High School on 66th Street. I think they tore that school down years ago. I had to take the subway past Washington High on 110th Street to balance out the racial thing all by myself. Do you ever detect down by the river?

Packerbacker,
I have not detected down by the river yet, I live in the Gramercy Park area. There are some nice spots by the east river that I am going to hit.
My wife went to Music & Art High School on 135th and Convent.
Nice to meet you and HH Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Great to see ya! Nice catch & release. Looking forward to seeing and reading about your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

;) RR

welcome%20heron (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome%20heron (3).jpg
    welcome%20heron (3).jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,147
Hey Glenn,

Welcome to the forum ;)

Nice catch ;)

I'd take ya-up on detectin together but I live in misery (i mean missouri). I only call it misery because I live so far away from FL ;)

Hope to be viewin your finds ;)

Good luck with the hunt ;)

Welcome!!! That's a big fish :o, here in the water in Ocala, Fl., all I catch is your fishes bait ;D Happy Hunting!!

Thanks for the nice welcome :), looking forward to seeing all your great finds as well.

NICE PIC BIG FISH WOW!!!!!!!! Guzzz

I need to get to mugs more often... I missed this back in November!

Welcome to mugs Glenn... awesome salmon... great pic! I used to fish salmon in NY... I miss it tons.

Thanks Guzz, Donna and Jim ;D
Glenn

flyinguy said:
glenn, you ain't from new york, you are from N.Y.C. different state! just fun! nice salmon! n.y. fish?
That's funny man, you're sooo right about that. Yeah that's a lower fly zone N.Y. Salmon River beast, if you look close you can see the egg fly right there in the mouth. Good Luck!!
Glenn

Man, that's an ugly fish with a mug only a mother could love. But boy does it taste good, yum-yum. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back