Glass underwater candle holder or bee catcher? niether??

rootdigger

Aug 5, 2007
Need help identifying this, I was told it's a underwater candle holder and also a bee trap? Any idea's?? It stands 9 inches tall, a 2-piece mold, has air bubbles, light green glass, 7 1/2 inches wide at the shoulder, 4 1/2 in. at the narrowist point. 3 1/4 in. wide at the mouth, 2 in. hole at the base, chimney is 2 inches tall. The bee stopper is 3 inches tall. stands on a 3 legged wire base/stand. It's neat whatever it is, but would like too know its name and age. THANK-YOU VERY MUCH!!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 932
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 865
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 786
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 753
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 730
Thanks! Thinks ya solved it, looks like pretty much the same thing but this one is for a table or such, not hanging.. That was quick!!
Root

Upvote 0
Under water Candle Holder? Surely someone is jesting. If that is the case I would think it's an underground balloon launcher! Seriously, nice find. I've never seen one of those. M :wink: nty

Upvote 0
I agree on justing! sposedly they put water in the jar up too the chimney top, then put a candle on a plate/saucer underneath going thru the chimney. why? no answers too that at all. The people I got it from said thats what thier grandparents did with it? lol.. dunno, thanks! I think its pretty cool myself, just cant see doin the candle thing! lol. wasp catcher it maybe?
Root

Upvote 0
One of our local farm-stands has several of them to keep the bees off the fruit & customers .

Upvote 0
well, thanks everyone, its a fly/bee catcher, makes sense. why does this one have the fancy bee stopper and the one's ya's gave links too have corks? the one with none is self explanatory, it's missing! THANKS!
Root

Upvote 0
it would be great if they could narrow it down to a fly catcher
bees are good and are important to us
Flies -dirty and nasty
Brady

Upvote 0
It's a wasp destroyer, sure glad someone invented it though, I am anaphalactic when I get stung by yellow jackets, and carry an Epi-Pen with me at all times........NGE

Upvote 0
I just saw one of those on the show, "Cash in the Attic". The experts said it was a fly catcher.

Upvote 0
Sorry to take so long to reply. I was out of town. They did give an estimate but I don't remember what it was. Research tells me they can run anywhere from 30.00 to 5000.00 depending on the style and condition.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back