Give me liberty or...

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more liberties, or other modern commemoratives!

I think I found a collection dump! In a series of three boxes, I found 17 Liberty Statues (15 are proofs and 2 are uncirculated), 1x1982 G. Washington, 2xMountain rushmore, 1xColumbus, 1xCongress, 1xOlympic swimming, plus 35 modern clad proofs, a few Walkers, a few 90%ers and 40%ers.

I am debating about buying a 1982 Washington commemorative for a while and very glad to get it at face value.

Of those walkers I got, one is the very popular 1946 DDR in EF condition. I remember only another one being reported here.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

819.JPG

821.JPG

822.JPG

823.JPG

824.JPG

825.JPG

826.JPG

827.JPG

828.JPG

829.JPG

830.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow those were some great boxes...and the coins still look in nice condition. And congrats on the nice Walker too!

H$H!

Wow, amazing score! I was like a giddy little school girl when I found a bicentennial S half dollar after so long of CRH...I still have yet to find any other commemorative and cant imagine how awesome it must have felt to pull one after another of these bad boys!

Great score, I'd take a box like that any day even if it contained no silver. You did very well and as a long time crh'ers, we know how uncommon them commemorative halves are, especially a silver commemorative!

I think I found a collection dump!

What about this makes you think it's a collection dump???

Kidding of course. Great boxes, great finds. I've only ever found one commemorative and it was before I found my first silver oddly enough. Great finds.

Nice lead in and nice pics, Yinzi. Commemoratives add to any collection. Glad to see you got one you REALLY wanted.

Those are some real beauties. I can't believe somebody cashed them in at face value but at least they now have a good home.

I'd put money that they came from an estate sale. They probably saw just half dollar rolls and didn't even think about values. I'm not a CRHer, and I probably would've done the same thing, but that was before I started looking. I go detecting and that's how I find mine. At least if I "did" CRH, then my coins would be in better shape. Lol
Great find on your halves collection.

I love the commentative coins. I can't hunt halves around here because too many people do that already and coin shops are way too expensive. Congrats on the find. Those are some really gorgeous coins and I am lovingly jealous that you got them, LOL.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back