Thankgoodness

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2014
NEPA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Xp Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, If you're in the northeast like me I assume you are sitting around with your thumb in your butt wondering what to do because the dirt is frozen solid. How is one to collect more shiny bits when its to cold to swing your beeper? Well, luckily for you I have a solution. Get in your half broken down old pick em up truck with about 20-50 bucks cash and hit up all those local banks for coin rolls. I've been obsessing over half dollars lately and figured I would give it shot. After about 3 or 4 banks gave me the confused puppy dog head tilt to the left when I asked if they had any halves the last adorably chubby bank teller said, "hmmm, yeah I think we have an old roll in the safe here somewhere." I of course squealed, threw a ten dollar bill at her and ran outta there like Golem with his precious. Got home and cracked it open to find 18, 40% silver (1965-1970) halfers. Not the most amazing find in the world, I was hoping for all silver but hey silver is silver right? I think it equals up to like 37 dollars in silver so... I win. Anyway, go hit up those banks for fun and rescue some silver from the man. Tootles.

Half Bits.jpg

Upvote 9
I always ask at all the banks I hit for halves , and 90% of the times they have none.Most of those I do get are in the 70's.I have been having some fun going through 25 dollar boxes of pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back