Giant water boiler found in woods?

Jluv

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 101 Bounty Hunter, Whites TDI Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13606456_1225544857490038_6864869825208587455_n.jpg There two of them in the woods but what were they used for?

I may be way off!! Does the concrete have a hole about that big below it? It's hard to tell from the pic......I've seen vent shafts to mines below that kind of looked like that in a way. The ones I saw were caped. Just an out there thought when I saw the pic...

Or have you looked at it and it's for sure a type of boiler? Or something similar....

Upvote 0
Look at old maps they might show an old building that was somewhere close by.

Upvote 0
I think Nitric is onto something because it definitely does not look like a boiler. There appears to be a square-ish door on the concrete pad. Also, the metal piece sticking up which is somewhat facing you, has an elongated hole in it and there is likely another 180 degrees on the other side in which a bar is placed through both holes and locks with a big bad padlock.

Frank

Upvote 0
It could be a well for the city or town and that is a cover to keep vandals out Could be an old one.

Upvote 0
Waiting on follow up from OP as to whether the concrete has a hole in it. Also, how close in proximity are the two pieces to one another? Are they both identical and mounted on a concrete pad?

Upvote 0
Definitely not a boiler with those vertical slots and boilers are usually located near something they are needed for such as a building, factory etc.
I think it is an old well cover

Upvote 0
With a 40 year association with the boilermakers union, after 3 years as a boilermaker which led to my career in construction engineering - that is not a boiler in my opinion, at least any I have ever seen. We'd need to have better and more detailed pictures to identify it. It doesn't appear to be a pressure vessel of any sort - but might be. Pressure vessels should have code plates on them.

Look for a code plate.

Upvote 0
Your semi close to me.... How close are you to the military base right by you? Well cover.... But why are there 2 of them? How far apart are they? How far today are the nearest buildings and what type are they?

Upvote 0
?????
Designed for air to leave or enter it....
Not a smoker or wood would have been cheaper , and too much smoke escaping without a cover for vents.
Only guess at the moment would be an orchard heater in case of an untimely spring frost.

Upvote 0
About all we know from the pic is there appears to be a smoke pipe/ chimney on the back
and slots in the sides.
Like Releventchair suggested aren't fog or smoke generators used to prevent fruit from freezing.
I just remember seeing something like that. Maybe someone from Fla or Ga could chime in.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 13606456_1225544857490038_6864869825208587455_n.jpg
    13606456_1225544857490038_6864869825208587455_n.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your semi close to me.... How close are you to the military base right by you? Well cover.... But why are there 2 of them? How far apart are they? How far today are the nearest buildings and what type are they?

I think they have something to do with the birdcage since its on the same road as the bunkers

Upvote 0
I'll go way out on a limb, and guess it's an outhouse. Fell free to poke fun! lol

Upvote 0
It looks like a cover for a vintage water well pump house.

Interesting find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back