Giant sized prehistoric stone battle ax

Ssroofer

Jan 21, 2024
This stone looks like a giant battle ax and is made out of stone so hard it almost sounds like iron when you tap it. I dug it up on my property a few years ago and was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this

Attachments

• 20220128_084724.jpg
    20220128_084724.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • 20220128_084347.jpg
    20220128_084347.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220128_084541.jpg
    20220128_084541.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 20220128_084653.jpg
    20220128_084653.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
This stone looks like a giant battle ax and is made out of stone so hard it almost sounds like iron when you tap it. I dug it up on my property a few years ago and was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0
No clue what it is. I'd guess natural stone. Post it on the NA artifact site & see what they say.
When people see pictures they think it's a natural formed stone . Everyone who sees it person thinks it's carved by man. It's actually quite symmetrical for its size and has a sharpened beveled edge that definitely isn't natural

Upvote 1
If I were an ancient and I found this whatever, as you did, it would definitely become a battle axe at that moment ! I might use it in actual battle, or it might become a sacred ceremonial piece and hang in a special place in my lodge. And I hope that's what you do with it. After the archeologists and anthropologists have a look at it. Beautiful piece of stone.

Upvote 1
My Grandma had a sharpening wheel, maybe it is part of a broken grinding wheel or a broken mill stone that was used for sharpening farm tools?

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back