Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11 days ago
Sep 18, 2024

We were warned that parachuting Joro spiders could land in the Philadelphia region. Now there is a report of six of the giant arachnids appearing in a Bucks County yard.

Joro spider native to East Asia spotted for the first time in Boston​

• Sep 25, 2024
A Joro spider has made it to Massachusetts. The giant, venomous arachnid was spotted in Boston's Beacon Hill neighborhood. WBZ-TV's Mike Sullivan reports.

WBZ reporter pranked on live TV by fake spider while covering Joro spider in Boston​

• Sep 26, 2024
WBZ-TV's Levan Reid doesn't like spiders, but he was in Boston Thursday morning to cover the first spotting of a giant flying Joro spider in Massachusetts. Then his photographer pranked him on live TV.

Joro spiders: friend or foe?​

Jan 9, 2023
Joro spiders are large, colorful spiders that are now present in several southeastern states, including much of the Upstate of South Carolina. This video discusses what these spiders are, how to identify them, and what their potential impacts may be. There is still much we do not know about Joro spiders, and we can use your help by reporting where you see these creatures.

11 days ago
Sep 18, 2024

We were warned that parachuting Joro spiders could land in the Philadelphia region. Now there is a report of six of the giant arachnids appearing in a Bucks County yard.

Joro spider native to East Asia spotted for the first time in Boston​

• Sep 25, 2024
A Joro spider has made it to Massachusetts. The giant, venomous arachnid was spotted in Boston's Beacon Hill neighborhood. WBZ-TV's Mike Sullivan reports.

WBZ reporter pranked on live TV by fake spider while covering Joro spider in Boston​

• Sep 26, 2024
WBZ-TV's Levan Reid doesn't like spiders, but he was in Boston Thursday morning to cover the first spotting of a giant flying Joro spider in Massachusetts. Then his photographer pranked him on live TV.

Joro spiders: friend or foe?​

Jan 9, 2023
Joro spiders are large, colorful spiders that are now present in several southeastern states, including much of the Upstate of South Carolina. This video discusses what these spiders are, how to identify them, and what their potential impacts may be. There is still much we do not know about Joro spiders, and we can use your help by reporting where you see these creatures.

They are evasive & everywhere here N of Atlanta . I rarely see the Similar sized Garden Spiders ( With the 'Zig Zag ' in their webs ) anymore or even the Fat Bodied Orb Weavers that used to be in almost every window up until 5 -7 years ago . Guess it's Mosquito spraying ? & other Chemicals . I miss Toads & Frogs to that have 95% disappeared from my area . Joro may be very hardy , I'd see them in the woods mostly in say ? 2014-19. Now like I said " Everywhere" .
They even post about them on my 'Firearms ' Chat site .

P.S.
I have never seen them "Fly " . ??

I have no Issue with most Spiders.
When I lived in My House.
I had spiders Living with me :laughing7:
of course mostly Long Leggers :tongue3:
and some tiny spiders had webs in a couple corners .
was better the fly paper :laughing7:
They Didn't pay Half the Bills, But they did earn their Keep
only ones I Killed & Removed were The Meaty brown spiders when I saw them. I had No knowledge on which were Poison,
so if I wasn't sure , I'd nuke them:coffee2:

Last edited:
They are evasive & everywhere here N of Atlanta . I rarely see the Similar sized Garden Spiders ( With the 'Zig Zag ' in their webs ) anymore or even the Fat Bodied Orb Weavers that used to be in almost every window up until 5 -7 years ago . Guess it's Mosquito spraying ? & other Chemicals . I miss Toads & Frogs to that have 95% disappeared from my area . Joro may be very hardy , I'd see them in the woods mostly in say ? 2014-19. Now like I said " Everywhere" .
They even post about them on my 'Firearms ' Chat site .

P.S.
I have never seen them "Fly " . ??
It's the radiation from cell phone towers killing off bugs. Everything that needs bugs for food soon follows suit and leaves or dies. 5G radiation will make global warming look like a picnic. Trillions are made from it being used world wide. Elon Musk is sending up 5G satellites weekly. They are sending back vast amounts of radiation around the world. Of course this is all being downplayed because of the $$$ involved. Money will be worthless when the food chain collapses leading to world wide famine. Google Arthur Firstenbergs research on this. Many serious health problems are associated with cell tower & cell phone radiation too. It's happening slowly so no one is paying much attention. We could reach a tipping point in our lifetime. High price to pay for snap chat, google, and facebook.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back