Ghost town relic

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Creamry thing 002.jpg
    Creamry thing 002.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 599
  • Creamry thing 004.jpg
    Creamry thing 004.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 596
  • Creamry thing 006.jpg
    Creamry thing 006.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 583
Thanks PBK!
I think you are right. Nice link to Iowa towns.
I have a pic of this town that I've used as a reference to locate where some of the business' were located. Its a big area to detect.

Upvote 0
billy BUBB,
Our entire MD club was invited to hunt this site a number of years ago. The day we were there, the wind was howling out of the north making searching difficult.
I have been back to the site a few times since then, and always make interesting finds. Mostly just wheat cents, a few Indian heads, and a little silver. The area is full of junk which makes the searching somewhat difficult. But at least there are always signals to find.
HH
BK

Upvote 0
Hey bk,The way it reads is :
* DAVID CO--OPERATIVE CREAMERY COMPANY * DAVID IOWA * The center reads:
INCORPORATED
It could be a stamp for the bottom of the milk bottles, since it is round and about the size of a milk bottle.
Probably when the bottles were manufactered the bottles while still red hot could be stamped on the bottom of the bottle.
Just a guess.
HH
SS

Upvote 0
whats the name of the city now? looking into it on some old maps.what county is it in? thanx ill let you know if i find any maps for ya..

Upvote 0
Strykerstalker,
If you click on the link that I posted, (the 9th one from the top), there is a plat map of the town as well as a picture of main street taken around the turn of the century. The creamery is not in the picture though.
There is nothing left of the town except a country church.
The town was in Mitchel county.

Upvote 0
From what ive seen, in my study that ive done the maps and timelines would suggest the sister city would be osage. there streets and maps would be a mirror image, only diffrence would be one was forgotten and abandoned.. they both had the same city maps and inferstructure i mean like they copy'd the city and ran it out..lol in the same county as well.if you looked at everything on the two citys from 1892 its erie as to how much they were alike "identical twin city"? might be worth a searching as well. well theres my 2 on it, hope you find it intreging and worth a look. let me know what you think..

Upvote 0
Try looking for old milk bottles in the area, or old homesteads around that area, there might be some in the area. Try a search on Glass Bottle Manufacters, I really do believe it was used to stamp the Bottom of the milk bottles that were manufactered for this creamery company. If you do find one with the bottom stamped matching your die then you will have a more valuable prize.
HH
SS

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back