getting free scrap from work!

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
Was in an accident several months ago and just went back to work on light duty, work in the oilfield by the way. Was helping out in the shop the other day and the shop supervisor was throwing stuff away, he was going to toss a bunch of big heavy shop lights that are all aluminum, I said, hey what the hell, if your going to toss them I'll take them home! later he asked me if I wanted these smashed up toolboxes from wrecked trucks, they are aluminum dimond plate... Hell yeah I'll take them! got a bunch of steel scrap and some unstripped cords to, not a bad day, and I was getting paid from work already!!!

Just a quick hint. Get a property receipt or some other document saying you do have permission to take the scrap. Cover your butt in case someone down the line gets jealous or has a grudge.

Had this problem myself. But I had gotten property receipts from security signed by the dept. head. Saved my job!!!!

threw everything away in another guys silage pit that he burns off a couple times a year, went threw it and ended up taking nearly 3o pounds of aluminum cans, and a few brass nipples and valves home, not bad while still being paid from work as well!

Tore apart a few of the lights the other day, solid aluminum body, a little bit of unstripped copper wire, then took out a large square metal peice from each one, tore one apart to find that it was fullof what looked like road tar, kept going and uncovered a peice fully wrapped in wire, tookit all off and looked closer at it to reveal that it is only cpper coated wire, does anyone else save this and if so whats the current price on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back