German ww2 medal/badge info

Tony74

Oct 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, does anyone out there have any info on this? Found in my late grandfathers possessions. I know he was a panzer grenadier.

image.jpg

Anything on the back? Can we see a pic of the back, please?

Are those crossed cannons?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Hi

The badge is at my dads house and he keeps sending me awful pictures!

Yes I believe they are cannons and has niemcy 1945 inscribed on the back with a clasp to secure on clothing.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Don, could this be polish? I know he was from Poznan? He also had the war merit cross 2nd class.

Cheers

Upvote 0
The only Polish use of a swastika I could find dates back to the First Polish Republic, too long ago to be likely.
My thought is that it is of a Scandinavian design, pre-ww2. I'd seen one listing for a belt buckle of similar design said to be from the Scandinavian foreign volunteers helping the nazi cause in WW2, but couldn't access further information about it, and it was only a match in the style of swastika, not in the rest of the details anyway.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Polish badge

Great research Don! Thank you for your time

Cheers

Upvote 0
Thanks for the challenge. If there are other unknowns from your grandfather's past possessions that you'd like to ID, there are many TN-ers here who seem to be able to ID just about anything--so post them if you wish.
Don.......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back