German silver and austrian copper from weekend

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
It was some 250 years ago when one of the most powerful kings of Prussia, Friedrich the Great was on the top :). He had a sister, Wilhelmine and the king made her a present in 1735 - nice park with palaces, ruins and fountains called Ermitage and founded in 1715. She liked this place and spent there a lot of time meeting numberous guests.

eremitage_fontain.jpg

I decided that may be some of the visitors probably were walking through adjacent fields and lost something. Here is a result of 2 hours on the on of those fields.

2007-09-23.jpg

Some finds in detail:

One of the newer pewter buttons, which are always in good shape. The older version of pewter is on the previous overview picture - in the second row to the left you can see 3 older probably from 1500s-1600s buttons

button_pewter_15.jpg

Another interesting button made of copper (usually they are from silver, I was not lucky this time :)) with glass inset.

button_glass_02.jpg

counting token from early 1800s, fitted for necklace

unknown01.jpg

This unusual for local fields big 15 kreitzer coin is from Austria and dated 1807. Generally, austrian coins are preserved better, probably they used better quality copper lol.

15kr1807_austria.jpg

And finally silver - late but it is silver. .900 silver half mark 1916. года

half_mark1916a_reich.jpg

Child ring, there is a school nearby, so this ring is from late 1900s or so...

ring_silver_02.jpg

Today I plan to come back to the field, hope it gives up more.

Thanks for viewing and HH
Sand

Upvote 0
Nice post Sand, you should have posted a picture of the palace, Eremitage is a very beautiful place. Great finds as well and congrats on the silver. Those accounting tokens are also known as Jettons, yours looks to be from the moneyer Hans Krauwinckel of Nuremburg, I can read part of his name, 1562-1635, a little older`than you thought, LOL, Prost ein Weizen! HH, Mike

Great finds for just a short 2 hours. I'm sitting here waiting to see what this next trip to the Field brings up. HH Sand........

Desertfox

Love the Austria coin. My Nan was Austrian.

Hi Sand Awsome finds and thanks for sharing

tinpan

good collection there.

Very nice as always Sand. Love that large Kreitzer and the token is really neat.

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice post Sand, you should have posted a picture of the palace, Eremitage is a very beautiful place. Great finds as well and congrats on the silver. Those accounting tokens are also known as Jettons, yours looks to be from the moneyer Hans Krauwinckel of Nuremburg, I can read part of his name, 1562-1635, a little older`than you thought, LOL, Prost ein Weizen! HH, Mike

well spotted I was going to say something & notice you picked it up. Rechnen pffennig (Jeton, Jetton, leggelt) is a Hans Krauwinckel & I find many imports over here.

Thanks for replies and IDing, I suspected that I am wrong with dating LOL :), always try to be a bit pessimistic :).

I visited that field again, will post later or may be tomorrow, still trying to find some info about last finds :)

Bavaria Mike said:
Prost ein Weizen! HH, Mike

Oh, no!!! Last Thursday we said Goodbye to 2 american colleges from my institute (they went back to US) - we did it in beer house - 5 pilsners, 7 weizenbeer, and finally 2 whiskeys. Let´s say "No" to alcoholism...

HH

Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back