German Cruise Liner Crew Button

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ship Button 083024.jpgShip Button Reverse 083024.jpg

Deep signal I wouldn't give up on. A button from the Norddeutscher Lloyd Cruise Line out of Bremen, Germany. The line was founded in 1857 and operated through 1970 when it merged with another company.

Appears to be gold gilt. Back-mark is Hochfeine (?) Quality. Can't quite date it, but my guess would be early 1900s by the design.

PBS

Upvote 8
A great find !

I dove on Shipwrecks and collected Ocean Liner Memorabilia for many years.
Had some China and Menu's from the Norddeutscher Lloyd Line.
The NDL Line has a very interesting history.

Very nice button. That will clean up well in lemon juice for 5 mins & a nail brush. (rinse well afterwards)

View attachment 2166340View attachment 2166341

Deep signal I wouldn't give up on. A button from the Norddeutscher Lloyd Cruise Line out of Bremen, Germany. The line was founded in 1857 and operated through 1970 when it merged with another company.

Appears to be gold gilt. Back-mark is Hochfeine (?) Quality. Can't quite date it, but my guess would be early 1900s by the design.

PBS
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

A great find !

I dove on Shipwrecks and collected Ocean Liner Memorabilia for many years.
Had some China and Menu's from the Norddeutscher Lloyd Line.
The NDL Line has a very interesting history.
They merged to become Hapag Lloyd. I just drove by a Hapag Lloyd freight container today. Would never have registered had I not found that button.

PBS

Very nice button. That will clean up well in lemon juice for 5 mins & a nail brush. (rinse well afterwards)
Thanks for the tip! I'll try that.

PBS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back